best type of braid?

Hey raiders,

I currently use 4lb fireline and i am curious to see if i can get any better lines particularly lines thatt cast further. I have heard that PE braids are the best braids for casting long distances but tangle alot at low . So my question is what is the best casting braid for 4lb line.

Hey raiders,

I currently use 4lb fireline and i am curious to see if i can get any better lines particularly lines thatt cast further. I have heard that PE braids are the best braids for casting long distances but tangle alot at low . So my question is what is the best casting braid for 4lb line.

Here are the options I'd look at:

1) Drop down to 2lb fireline or stren microfuse (I very much doubt it breaks at 2lb more like 6), but it cast a lot further than 4lb fireline.

2) Fireline Exceed in 4lb. Awesome stuff it hasn't let me down.

3) Sunline Castaway 0.6PE apparently it's a 10lb IGFA line but still very thin and cast well.

One thing I'd suggest you stay away is Nanofil, although it cast extremely well overall strength and knot strength has a lot to be desired for.

I switched to the fireline exceed in 6lb and so far so good. Caught an 82cm king on the regular 6lb fireline and the exceed is supposed to be even stronger!

Gave up spending 40+ on sunline pe etc

I use to use fireline, When Exceed came out I found that a great improvement and am very happy with it. I bought 2 spools of Power pro and generally have been happy with, especially the fact they I bought them for $6 a spool. I have found with the power pro that I occasional do get knots on the reel.

Heres a bit of info on all your braid. All braid is the same and comes out of 3 or 4 factories only. They bulk spool it up then it is sold to be re branded in the various names. So the moral of the story it is all the same just has a different brand name. Unfortunately it is the humble rec fisho that gets charged to the teeth for the rebrands.

I use 4lb crystal fireline.

I know Swordy is a fan as well.

My bream tourny mates use this with 4lb pink yozuri hard flouro leader.

Best knot strength out of any of the light braids & that's what I look for when using a really light leader.

Cheers,

Grant.

Without going into too much detail: Fireline is fused and has memory, sunline and other pe lines are limp. I prefer super pe to fireline anyday, especially when it comes to casting distance. The 10lb Castaway is great I have it on a few reels but the best braid I have found in the 4lb is toray light fish pe, google it and if you can find any you will be very, very happy. I use the 4lb and can throw an unweighted soft plastic 30m easy. great line but you need to tie good knots. I use a slim beauty and have no issues with leader knots breaking, breaks at the lure knot everytime. Cheers

Don't know if its cool to post this link or not but I couldn't find any site sponsors who had this stuff. dont think so/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=7803

I use 3lb powerpro and it is far better than fireline or microfuse that I used to use

hey mate - re: 3lb power pro - i just spooled up my 2500 with power pro in the white colour, and it had a few lumps or nodules along it - is this normal?

i messaged the supplier, but not heard back yet

these catch the line as i am casting so is a major concern...

any advice?