Land-Based Fishing around the northern beaches

flattiefisher27

Hi raiders

Just trying to find some good land based fishing spots around the northern beaches. Ive tried around narra lakes and most of pittwater with not much luck. I've been using prawns and worms and the biggest fish i've caught is a 40cm flathead. Trying to find a spot where i can catch flathead, bream, whiting etc

Any help would be great thanks

flattiefisher27

Hi raiders

Just trying to find some good land based fishing spots around the northern beaches. Ive tried around narra lakes and most of pittwater with not much luck. I've been using prawns and worms and the biggest fish i've caught is a 40cm flathead. Trying to find a spot where i can catch flathead, bream, whiting etc

Any help would be great thanks

flattiefisher27

G'day.

I've been hitting the lakes the last few days also. A lot of areas are proving quiet, with others just shutting down altogether. I've had varied success at the front of the caravan park in north Narrabeen using prawns but the fish are far apart there regardless. I'd almost say not worth the chill unless a few smaller flatties and bream are you cuppa. You never know, though!

Also;

Soft plastics in the lake at this time of year will prove a mostly futile ambition as the fish tend to take them territorially in summer when they are more active, whereas in the cold a solid & definitive feed is really the more productive way to go them. Squid, prawns etc are your better bet.

Yesterday I had a great deal of smiles at 40 baskets beach right at the end of the jetty, and will be heading there tomorrow with my mrs and little brother (weather permitting).

See how you go anyway mate. I'd be inclined to give the lakes a rain check at the moment, most will say the same.

Hey mate

thanks for the help i was down at 40 baskets 2 days ago i dropped a nice flat tie but other than that there was only the little bream that were taking our bait.

haven't really had much luck with plastics at narrabeen but i might give it a go

thanks flattiefisher27

G'day.

I've been hitting the lakes the last few days also. A lot of areas are proving quiet, with others just shutting down altogether. I've had varied success at the front of the caravan park in north Narrabeen using prawns but the fish are far apart there regardless. I'd almost say not worth the chill unless a few smaller flatties and bream are you cuppa. You never know, though!

Also;

Soft plastics in the lake at this time of year will prove a mostly futile ambition as the fish tend to take them territorially in summer when they are more active, whereas in the cold a solid & definitive feed is really the more productive way to go them. Squid, prawns etc are your better bet.

Yesterday I had a great deal of smiles at 40 baskets beach right at the end of the jetty, and will be heading there tomorrow with my mrs and little brother (weather permitting).

See how you go anyway mate. I'd be inclined to give the lakes a rain check at the moment, most will say the same.

Hi again

I think i saw you down at 40 baskets did you catch the flounder and the leather jacket?

G'day.

Also;

Hi again

I think i saw you down at 40 baskets did you catch the flounder and the leather jacket?

Yea mate that was me right out the end there with my little brother. Got a bit windy at the end to try and keep my balance.

Which one were you?

I'll probably head there in the next halfa just by myself. Keen on a flick?

Btw mate I was saying above don't bother with the soft plastics at Narrabeen at the moment. Won't do too well.

That Leatherjacket was 38cm (but a fatty) and the flounder was smallish but a few cm over legal. Was a good feed anyway!

Edited by Bikiefisho

hey

i was the kid that was fishing of the end of the wharf unfortunately i dropped a nice flattie but we caught a few undersized bream.

Were you right out in the corner and then did you move to the wharf?

Yea mate that was me right out the end there with my little brother. Got a bit windy at the end to try and keep my balance.

Which one were you?

I'll probably head there in the next halfa just by myself. Keen on a flick?

Btw mate I was saying above don't bother with the soft plastics at Narrabeen at the moment. Won't do too well.

That Leatherjacket was 38cm (but a fatty) and the flounder was smallish but a few cm over legal. Was a good feed anyway!

Edited by flattiefisher27

hey

i was the kid that was fishing of the end of the wharf unfortunately i dropped a nice flattie but we caught a few undersized bream.

Were you right out in the corner and then did you move to the wharf?

Yea mate that was me :)