92 Suzuki 85hp Head Gasket Change

Rodb73

Hi there Raiders,

I'm looking for a little assistance/ideas on what to do with my 85hp Suzuki. I'm in the process of changing the head gasket and have snapped 4 bolts off in the block while trying to remove them. I know i will have to "easy-out" them, but is there anything i can do with the remaining bolts to try and elliminate the chance of breaking the remaining bolts please?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated...!!!

Thanks heaps and i look forward to your responses and keep up the great work with this site...

Cheers Rodb

theres a product we use in eng. call yield made by shell very good for seized bolts but having had the same motor[salt water aspren] they could be well and truely coroded and then you have a real problem try the easy out and yield but you may have to drill them right out and helly coil the holes if there is some stud still sticking out a good spray off yield and a small stilsons could do the trick

ps if you can't find yield on the net give me a ring on 0438264377 and i'll lend you some i think its about 40 to 60 bucks a can but worth every cent

cheers gary

Thanks heaps for that Gary. I've heard of yield, but I'll search for it. It'll be another couple of weeks before I get back to it with work commitments, but if I can't fInd it, i'll definitely be in touch.

Thanks again

Rod