What is the No.1 bait for catching bream

flattiefisher27

Mate it all depends on where you are fishing like when I'm at Forster I find hot chip is the best, either floating on the surface or sinking slowly the bream love it and they are big bream as well. If in the parra river I find yellowtail fillets are the best. I've lost count on how many big bream I have caught chasing jew with yellowtail fillets.

Martin

live pink nipper dipped in tuna oil just before you cast out also very small fresh water yabbys there hard shell keeps the peckers from stealing your bait but the big blue nose bream smash them hard cheers gary

in my humble opinion squirt worms will out fish any other bait by 4 fish to 1!!!! but only for some reason during daylight hours - dont ask me why I have no explanation, maybe someone could explain to me!

go to the trouble of finding an area where you can pump some -you wont regret it.

short of that, the next best bait in my opinion would be live nippers,followed by a fresh peeled prawn.

pete

Those frozen shelled prawns, only small pieces on the hook, at the start of the session. Frozen worms seem to attract more whiting. Having said that, I've never had the chance to use fresh bait...

1. live prawn

2. live blood worm

3. yabbies

4. chicken breast

5. chicken guts

6. small crab

7.forget any other bait or soft plastic

Hey flattiefisher27,

You've opened the proverbial can of worms here - or is that prawns or nippers - crikey I dunno.

Jim has a list of baits a mile long - but they only ever get used in the summer and autumn.

The rest of the year is for hibernation hey Jimmy ?

Actually I can't talk too much as I haven't been out much myself either.

Mate, each area and even each state of tide can have a different answer.

Even whether or not you are burleying (and if so, what are you burleying) will affect the fish's preference.

Take 2 or 3 types of bait and use them all - see what works at what spot and on the day, tide, etc.

Go gettem.

Tony

Hey flattiefisher27,

You've opened the proverbial can of worms here - or is that prawns or nippers - crikey I dunno.

Jim has a list of baits a mile long - but they only ever get used in the summer and autumn.

The rest of the year is for hibernation hey Jimmy ?

Actually I can't talk too much as I haven't been out much myself either.

Mate, each area and even each state of tide can have a different answer.

Even whether or not you are burleying (and if so, what are you burleying) will affect the fish's preference.

Take 2 or 3 types of bait and use them all - see what works at what spot and on the day, tide, etc.

Go gettem.

Tony

Tony Tony Tony the guy is asking for opinion so i gave mine you haven't mine are based on over 35 years of fishing experiences you say ive never fished winter well i have but bream is a summer species and slow up in winter every bait works different to others in certain conditions and areas but i tried to keep it simple not to confuse people and try and make it rocket science when its not i sense you're a little confused . cheers Jim bream

I caught my PB bream on those...last minute desperation to fish lead me to BP then I caught the monster bream plus some smaller one...

A servo frozen squid caught me my PB flathead too haha

Congrats on your p.b's & I'm glad your servo prawns worked for you.

You really should keep using them. You never know what might turn up.

Cheers,

Grant.

Went on a booze cruise with a few guys last year on Brisbane Waters. Noticed an old rod rigged with a rusty hook. Berlied up with Jatz biscuits then caught 2 keepers one on chewed up Jatz and one on cabanosi. If they are around they are hungry fish.