FREE GEAR TO WORTHY HOME/S

On Strike

Hi All ,

Had a look through my gear and decided it was time to GIVE AWAY ( yes free ) some gear not being used. Pay it forward style. Would prefer that this gear goes to someone starting out .

I have a 9ft 15kg. LBG rod ( made for me by Bluefin Sports ) and a Daiwa Sealine 450H reel to go with it, both in good condition. (Has caught a lot of fish over the years. )

Also have a Shimano Bantam Crestfire 100 baitcaster (1 to 4kg line) in near new condition ( great learners reel with magnetic braking. I think I used it once ).

Lastly I have a 12ft Ugly Stik surf/rock rod which needs a new sand spike and one runner but otherwise great. This rod is two piece but hasn't been apart for some time. ( Just needs some TLC )

All gear was saved for and bought by me when I was younger and would love for someone keen, starting out and unable to afford some good gear to have them. A couple of other bits and pieces to go with them too. Only catch is you'll have to come to the northern beaches NSW to pick them up.

Let me know why you want the gear and I'll choose the most deserving. Pick up will be arranged via PM.

Post Authorised by Swordfisherman ( thanks Swordie. Who knows this might start something good )

Good Luck.

Paul

On Strike

Edited by On Strike

Very generous indeed Paul :thumbup: and I would like to see a few replies in this post why you are the one to recieve the gear and Paul will decide the recipient.

Regards Stewy

Thanks to all,

But I know most of us have gear we don't and won't use, gear we have had for years that could be being used by others maybe not as fortunate as us. I mean I might make $40.00 on online shop but so what. To make someone else's day means so much more. Maybe some good fishing karma will come my way. We'll see. Here hoping for some good homes for my old favourites.

Paul

On Strike.

And thanks for the gold member status, Really not necessary but greatly appreciated.

and mrsswordie has decided to make you a Gold Member - a selfless thoughtful act :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: I'll 2nd that!

Just 18 months ago I started using my old crestfire bantam that Slinky got going for me.

Wow, what a reel! Sooo good for someone learning how to use a baitcaster.

These reels are the design that the modern day curados are based on & imho just as good.

Mine is 25 years old & I love it & so does anyone that casts it.

I love Swordies idea of people letting us know why they need this gear.

The keener the fisho the better I reckon.

Cheers,

Grant.

I'd love to take the LBG rod and reel off your hands.

I am a bit of an amateur, mostly chasing bream & flatties in estuaries on basic gear until have recently moved to Maroubra and really wanting to get into some beach and LBG fishing now. I just recently bought a nice beach setup (baitrunner 8000oc & 10ft Silstar power tip) and have been getting into some tailor and the odd flatty and bream.

I try to get down south or up north at least once a year to go camping or just enjoy a beach holiday but I recently watched a top short video called 'spinning for spaniards' on youtube with the late legend Ron Calcutt and his mate Joe Gospel (well worth a viewing).

This has gotten me pumped to give it a crack and hopefully hook some bigger beasts next time I head north or south, or even off some nearby hotspots.

I've been scouring the Internet for good deals on this sort of gear but ultimately it would be too big a spend for me as a beginner to game or rock fishing in general.

Look forward to hearing some other newbies fishing tales too.

Thanks,

Tim

I've never actually owned a rod/reel COMBO that has been worth more than $50 new. I usually take friends fishing with me who have never been before or who are at least keen to have some fun..and to be fair we always do...I dont know how much of a difference good quality gear would make haha Ive used a mates baitrunner up in qld once and he had a few raider rods which i can only say were pretty sweet and the first and only graphite rods ive ever used. I bought 5 mojiko 7ft rods with 6500reels and got them for $35 each because someone put the wrong price on them (was just my lucky day that day I guess) and all bar one are loaded with $3 mono....one has been graced with $10 online shop braid and thats about it. Its a great sport and I love it and hope to be taking a bunch of guys out from work this week off the eastern beaches.. if it so be my luck that anything comes my way it would be greatly appreciated but to be completely fair there is probably someone out there more deserving than me :)...

Congratulations TeeDub, Blueachillies and Bikiefisho.

Check your PM's. Enjoy the gear, look after it and fish safe. look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks to the others for the replies and requests.

Paul

On Strike

WELL DONE PAUL AND I HOPE TO SEE A FEW POSTS OF FISH CAUGHT ON THE GREAT GEAR YOU HAVE DONATED TO YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS :thumbup:

Regards Stewy