Posting in correct area of forum

Jewhunter

G'day Raiders.

I have been moving a lot of posts around of late on the forums.

To be honest it is a bit of a pain in the a....

So, please, only post about a fishing report in the fishing reports forums.

Don't post there if you want to know what is biting where or what bait or rig to use in a certain spot for a certain species.

That is why we have the Fishing Chat forum.

Only reports of your captures in the report section please!

Cheers,

Grant.

Definately agree here, we should have a rating system where we can flag bad posts so admin know to move them.

Have raised this with tr admin before and they did move posts or a while but idiots will be idiots and keep posting on the wrong section...

Definately agree here, we should have a rating system where we can flag bad posts so admin know to move them.

Have raised this with tr admin before and they did move posts or a while but idiots will be idiots and keep posting on the wrong section...

Thinking education (as per Jewhunters post) is more effective than public humiliation or offensive posts.

Blood Knot

Agreed John

@DownToFish - I don't recall you ever "raising this with admin" before. We work our slots off trying to maintain this forum in our spare time. If you had raised it I would have explained to you and other members that you CAN flag any post with us at ANY time. This may be an offensive post, a post that needs moving etc

See the pics below where you can press the button "report" under any post and type the issue into the text box

post-869-013687000 1344419689_thumb.jpg post-869-035789000 1344419690_thumb.jpeg

Put your hand up to help us anytime members!

Just a suggestion...

It's quite often new members coming in to ask about their chances at a particular location that are doing so in the wrong section..

They want to maximise their chances of getting the post viewed, right?... so they go to where the bulk of the posts & replies are.

These stats are visible, and point to Fishing Reports as the most highly trafficked.

Maybe if you could mask these stats from members until they hit 'X number' of posts, they'd have to put a bit more thought into where to post their question?

Educate and re-educate too of course, but this might help a bit..

Agreed John

@DownToFish - I don't recall you ever "raising this with admin" before. We work our slots off trying to maintain this forum in our spare time. If you had raised it I would have explained to you and other members that you CAN flag any post with us at ANY time. This may be an offensive post, a post that needs moving etc

See the pics below where you can press the button "report" under any post and type the issue into the text box

post-869-013687000 1344419689_thumb.jpg post-869-035789000 1344419690_thumb.jpeg

Put your hand up to help us anytime members!

My post regarding this is here http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=60567

Im not saying you dont do a good job, quite the opposite actually, obviously its a tireless task going through every post to make sure they are a report or not and wouldn't expect admin to be able to do this.

I browse the forums on my iPhone in safari - I dont like the layout of TapTalk as much as safari and if I need to post a photo on the odd occasion I will use my computer, however unfortunately there is no way to report a post without reloading the forum in full site mode and going back in again which is pretty painful on the small phone screen.

Like I said admin were moving the posts for a little while however I havent seen many get moved as of late and alot of newer ppl posting in the wrong section again

My post regarding this is here http://www.fishraide...showtopic=60567

Im not saying you dont do a good job, quite the opposite actually, obviously its a tireless task going through every post to make sure they are a report or not and wouldn't expect admin to be able to do this.

I browse the forums on my iPhone in safari - I dont like the layout of TapTalk as much as safari and if I need to post a photo on the odd occasion I will use my computer, however unfortunately there is no way to report a post without reloading the forum in full site mode and going back in again which is pretty painful on the small phone screen.

Like I said admin were moving the posts for a little while however I havent seen many get moved as of late and alot of newer ppl posting in the wrong section again

You can always pm us and you can do that directly from Tapatalk. You could also send the new member a heads up and let them know. That app is made so you can use forum functionality. The report button is an add on and that is why it is not in the mobile app.

Admin always move inappropriatly positioned posts. I just moved one at the request of the member who realised it was in the wrong section. There is no right and wrong here really.

DownToFish, you are most welcome to become an "inappropriately placed post watcher" if you want. You can shoot me a personal message and cc all the mods and the post will be sorted asap.

Fishraider is a community and as such we all should help each other as much as possible :thumbup:

If you want to discuss it further message me :biggrin2: and thanks for your comments

I might just be really stupid but I can't get tap talk to show me what I want to see in the forums. IE the layout and format that I see in safari, I have to go through different menus to get there. I might just be fussy but Im used to browsing in this way.

If I went and posted in all the treads "educating" the newbies ill just come across as a nazi and no one will like me, that's the job of an admin haha

My post regarding this is here http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=60567

Quick qn, sorry if it's off topic but I was recently using the mobile site from my android phone and clicked view full site down the bottom. Now every time I need to zoom in and out to view posts and forums. Is there a way to convert the site back to mobile site from my phone?

...Or maybe some people, like myself, want to do the right thing but genuinely can't negotiate their way round modern technology as well as their younger counterparts...fair go.

I might just be really stupid but I can't get tap talk to show me what I want to see in the forums. IE the layout and format that I see in safari, I have to go through different menus to get there. I might just be fussy but Im used to browsing in this way.

If I went and posted in all the treads "educating" the newbies ill just come across as a nazi and no one will like me, that's the job of an admin haha

You can go to the Tapatalk page and send a message to the application developers with your complaints and suggestions and they may include them in future upgrades

Admin are here to provide a forum for the members and to ensure that the site rules are being adhered to. Other than that the forum is only as good as the input and enthusiasm of the members.

By the way thanks for reporting 5 posts to the report centre. Please continue to assist us by doing that :thumbup: , it certainly helps us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aussie007

gotta say in my 6 years i havent seen all the forums i posted in the boating forum and i had never seen the workshop forum untill a week ago lol

Gazza, when i use the forum i only ever use the " view new posts" feature. By doing so every single new post made across any area of the forum pops up in a list so you can pick and choose what you are interested in

You read my mind mate as I was thinking of a post to help new members.

Not only view new content but also the 'today's active content' feature at the bottom of the main forums page.

It's the easiest way to browse the forums.

Cheers,

Grant.

• 3 weeks later...

:bump0ee: :bump0ee: :bump0ee:

Please ask the question "is this actually a fishing report?" before putting your request for advice or information in the "reports section". Your request will get a better response and your moderators will have less to do if you put requests for info etc in the correct area "Fishing chat"

Cheers n thanks

Blood Knot