Gladesville Area Report / Fishing Spots!

Belligero

Hi Guys,

Very new to this website so I thought I would start off by saying good 'day! And also thought I would share my land based spots with you all & also a quick report on fishing in Sydney Harbor last night.

Well last night was freezing but the weather was probably as good as it can get. High tide around 9PM, 100% full moon, basically no wind what so ever. It was the perfect condition to go fishing around Sydney (With 12 jackets). Did I catch anything? Unfortunately not. But I am hoping that if I keep at it my jew fish will come & pay me a visit!

I did some squidding around woolwich wharf & finished up at Ferry St, Hunters Hill. We had some very decent bites and runs on the larger baits however it was very quiet in the end! Hopefully some of you guys will have better news for August!

Before I sign off I wanted to share some of my locations with you all!

As I live around the inner west of Sydney & my car is located on the central coast I am at mercy to which location my mate wants to go for a fish so We usually end up around the general gladesville area.

One of the best spots for day time fishing would be for me Chiswick along the rock wall next to the Wharf. As it's very close to residential housing you are only permitted to fish between sunrise & sunset. The amount of Kingies I have seen taken from this spot is pretty amazing. I have also caught large bream, Tailer & whiting in this area. The parking is easy & their is a bottle shop & takeaway store just up the road if you are planning on making a day of it!

The other spot I have found to perform well in the right conditions is Banjo Pattersons Wharf. This spot is great for various species as it's a very large wharf which has been there for a number of years so attracts a lot of attention. There is a rock wall that runs next to the wharf which is great for using a lure! If you walk straight into the bush from the car park you will find a very secluded beach section which may be great for flathead / squid jigging or casting right out into the middle of Parramatta river however I have not had much of a chance to give it a shot. I would not suggest visiting this location on a weekend/public holiday as it gets very busy but as it's not used by Sydney Ferries it can also get very quiet down there too!

The last spot I will mention is Ferry St at Hunters Hill. This spot you can literally cast from your car, it faces the Gladesville bridge & I do most of my night fishing at this location. We have caught large bream, tailer, jew & even salmon from this spot.

These spots are very well known within the fishing community so I don't think I am giving away anything new however as everything I know has been handed down to me I think it's only fair to share!

Thanks Guys,

Shaun.

PS If anyone has a spot on a boat or land base fishing around Sydney send me a PM! Cheers.

• Like 1

thanks for sharing your shot.

i'll try chiswik when it gets bit warmer :)

Hi Guys,

Very new to this website so I thought I would start off by saying good 'day! And also thought I would share my land based spots with you all & also a quick report on fishing in Sydney Harbor last night.

Well last night was freezing but the weather was probably as good as it can get. High tide around 9PM, 100% full moon, basically no wind what so ever. It was the perfect condition to go fishing around Sydney (With 12 jackets). Did I catch anything? Unfortunately not. But I am hoping that if I keep at it my jew fish will come & pay me a visit!

I did some squidding around woolwich wharf & finished up at Ferry St, Hunters Hill. We had some very decent bites and runs on the larger baits however it was very quiet in the end! Hopefully some of you guys will have better news for August!

As I live around the inner west of Sydney & my car is located on the central coast I am at mercy to which location my mate wants to go for a fish so We usually end up around the general gladesville area.

One of the best spots for day time fishing would be for me Chiswick along the rock wall next to the Wharf. As it's very close to residential housing you are only permitted to fish between sunrise & sunset. The amount of Kingies I have seen taken from this spot is pretty amazing. I have also caught large bream, Tailer & whiting in this area. The parking is easy & their is a bottle shop & takeaway store just up the road if you are planning on making a day of it!

The other spot I have found to perform well in the right conditions is Banjo Pattersons Wharf. This spot is great for various species as it's a very large wharf which has been there for a number of years so attracts a lot of attention. There is a rock wall that runs next to the wharf which is great for using a lure! If you walk straight into the bush from the car park you will find a very secluded beach section which may be great for flathead / squid jigging or casting right out into the middle of Parramatta river however I have not had much of a chance to give it a shot. I would not suggest visiting this location on a weekend/public holiday as it gets very busy but as it's not used by Sydney Ferries it can also get very quiet down there too!

The last spot I will mention is Ferry St at Hunters Hill. This spot you can literally cast from your car, it faces the Gladesville bridge & I do most of my night fishing at this location. We have caught large bream, tailer, jew & even salmon from this spot.

These spots are very well known within the fishing community so I don't think I am giving away anything new however as everything I know has been handed down to me I think it's only fair to share!

Thanks Guys,

Shaun.

PS If anyone has a spot on a boat or land base fishing around Sydney send me a PM! Cheers.

Great Report.

It is good to see people telling other fisho`s where they fish land based. I am sure this info in general does not harm any body but could make fishing much more enjoyable. I have fished several of the spots mentioned so next time I am at one of these spots I might say good day and ask do you post on FR. I am surprised about the catches you get at Chiswick as I have had no luck there at all.

Hope your luck improves.

Pulpit point fishes well on a run out tide for Jews out wide and bream right in close. It's my fav spot land based around there. Fish off the eastern point, squid is the gun bait and you can also catch some yakkas off the board walk in front of the houses.

Pulpit point fishes well on a run out tide for Jews out wide and bream right in close. It's my fav spot land based around there. Fish off the eastern point, squid is the gun bait and you can also catch some yakkas off the board walk in front of the houses.

I will have to give it a shot. One month left of winter and then hopefully the fish will slowly start to bite!

• 5 years later...

I used to fish the rock wall around Chiswick for blackies. We had some good consistency there and would see the kings shoot through on occasion (once witnessed a bloke simply net a 70cm king as the school jetted past - probably not legal but the kings are sefinitely there!).

Cheers for the tips mate, will be sure to check out a few of the places mentioned in this post.

Tight lines bud!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/4/2012 at 12:09 PM, gianniz said:

thanks for sharing your shot.

i'll try chiswik when it gets bit warmer :)

On 8/4/2012 at 9:21 AM, Belligero said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks Guys,

Shaun.

Thanks for the tips shaun. Ive just moved to Gladesville so will check out these areas once i get settled and get my gear organised. Im itching to get the lines wet! 

JT.

On 9/20/2018 at 6:12 PM, TUNATUNATUNA said:

Thanks for the tips shaun. Ive just moved to Gladesville so will check out these areas once i get settled and get my gear organised. Im itching to get the lines wet! 

JT.

No worries, I have moved up north but from what I hear there's still plenty of good fishing down in that area.  Good luck