Dangerous Rockfishing alert for this weekend

IF IN DOUBT, DON'T GO OUT!! Read on ........

Roberta

Dangerous rock fishing conditions alert

09 Aug 2012

THE Bureau of Meteorology has forecast rough conditions for the NSW coast starting today Thursday August 9, with conditions expected to worsen on Friday and continue through the weekend. <br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">There will be strong to gale force southwesterly winds and high seas with large swells breaking dangerously close inshore. By Friday, seas of five metres plus swell of five metres are expected all along the NSW coast. These conditions will be extremely hazardous for rockfishing and boating.

To ensure your safety whenever you fish:

• Choose a safe spot
  • Don't fish alone
  • Wear non-slip shoes
  • Wear a life jacket
  • Never turn your back on the sea.
  • Check Bureau of Meteorology forecasts before planning a trip.<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">For more on rock fishing safety go to: www.safefishing.com.au

Good one, guys

We had HORRIBLE weather yesterday, gale force winds, freezing cold, sleeting rain, followed up last night with a huge thunderstorm, lightening & hail!! WInd has dropped right back today, but still nasty conditions offshore!

Stay safe

Roberta

Hahaha...no its not a fishing rod. Excuse me for the grainy photos because i used an extremely old camera. Good thing too because the auto lens cover had crystalised from all the salt spray.

Its a stake for something which i think it shouldn't be there because it can give people false sense of security.

I just went to have a look and took some photos.