Jewfish Spots off Wollongong

ragdoll

Hi Raiders

I’ve got next week off work and was hoping to head down around Wollongong in search of a jewfish off the beach providing the weather holds out

Has any one targeted Jewish off Wollongong before and been successful? I usually fish Windang beach and pick the odd bream Taylor and salmon but have never gone or caught a jewfish before

Any tips or advice would be great on targeting jewfish off Wollongong or know of beaches they may produce jewfish would be a helpful start for my quest

Cheers

Tightlines

Look through some of these older reports. About 1-2 months ago there were some reports of good number of jews been caught at the bridge at windang on plastics. Not tried it but if this is the case i cant see why you couldnt get a decent size jew maybe around the new entrance break walls to the lake Illawarra. ?

Will be interested how you go. Make sure to report back :biggrin2:

I have heard of them being taken of Wollongong's Norther Beaches such as Woonona (behind the cemetery), Stanwell Park Beach (South Side near to the channel (When its there) and rocks, and Bulli Beach (North side).

I have not experienced this myself though I have been snapped off my few fish in the past as I was fishing light (13 lbs)one large thwack and a bit of a pull then gone....could have been anything though.

I did hear of a 26 kilo fish pulled of Woonona Rocks behind the new rock pool. I was speaking to a local who mentioned his son pulled in the monster and exclusively targets the beasts.The baits apparently used were yakka (live) and salted Aussie Salmon fillets.

Let me know how you go...I would like to try my luck with them soon and see if there is any truth to the rumours.

Good luck.

I have heard of them being taken of Wollongong's Norther Beaches such as Woonona (behind the cemetery), Stanwell Park Beach (South Side near to the channel (When its there) and rocks, and Bulli Beach (North side).

x2....... though I have had most success with very very fresh squid.

Evets

Well I’m heading out over next week not too sure on the sport yet! but will post to let you all know on how I do go!

Been a while since I wet a line so fresh bait is my first plan of attack then pick a spot a hip flask with some Rum to keep me warn throughout the night and hopefully I can report something back at the end of the week

Well I’m heading out over next week not too sure on the sport yet! but will post to let you all know on how I do go!

Been a while since I wet a line so fresh bait is my first plan of attack then pick a spot a hip flask with some Rum to keep me warn throughout the night and hopefully I can report something back at the end of the week

Good luck mate interested to hear how you go. If you head out to stanwell park you'll need that flask I live up the road and it gets damn cold!