12 mile goes off

sydangler

Got a message from fellow raider beaver on Friday asking if I was keen to go jigging out at 12 mile on Saturday. After some quick planning me and my mate bob were out the front of his at 5am. Quickly loaded up the boat and headed out.

Conditions weren't perfect and the wind was a lot worse the forces but we decided to push through it. We trolled some small skirts most of the way out and managed a small Mack tuna just before we pulled the lures in.

Got out to the reef not a boat in site a quick sound and we found some fish. A few barracuta came up first then Adam (beaver) hooks a 66cm king on the drop. After that all hell broke loose and every drift we were getting at least one hook up and kings were coming over the side one after the other.

All in all it was possibly the best fishing session I've ever had. Bob got his first second and third king with a new pb of 85cm and biggest fish of the day. I managed 7 kings with my biggest going 82cm.

Big thanks to Adam fo taking us out. Hopefully we can get back into them soon.

Launched at little manly. We lost some other good fish to. One in particular the Adam hooked upto looked unstoppable be for pulling the hook.

Nothing like being at work and reading reports like this. Great catch mate :thumbup:

Well done mate. Sounds like you brained em. Those sorts of days are magic on the jigs!

You have got me really fired up. I was thinking of heading out tomorrow and now I have no excuse. Weather looks like it will be good tomorrow.

Cheers

Erroll

Sydangler, Mate I thought we had a good day out the week before, but you guys smashed last weekend. Well done. We had a great outing the week before, but your trip out last weekend smashed it... Well done..

Need to find a spot or two for jigging that my smaller boat can have some action a bit closer in.

Hope you have sorted out the Hilux....

Bruce B