False advertising" shooters AND fishers party?

bombora

So, can anyone say what the Shooters and Fishers party in NSW has actually done for rec fishing????

They have had some big wins, carefully exploiting their balance of power position, for hunters.

But what have they done for fishers????? Silent on Aussie salmon netting, silent on commercial pippie harvesting, silent on the impact on the NSW coast of the Supertrawler, ineffective or more likely silent on Cronulla Fisheries Centre closure, silent on estuary prawn trawling and its impact on jewfish.

In fact I cannot off the top of my head think of anything they have done for fishers.

We should take them to court or a consumer tribunal and lay a charge of false advertising on them.

Think you're pretty much on the mark there, typical political party, just in it for themselves and as all of them do.........LIE.

There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead, well it's here and my rates gone up $56 a quarter, electricity up at least $100 a quarter, other things have gone up also quietly but i'm sure they said we wouldn't notice the impact it would have and would compensate us, well I still haven't seen a cent, I seem to be paying a lot more though.

No matter what party it is, they are all rubbish and lie and line their own pockets.

I can tell you for a fact that the Shooters and Fishers Party are actually in favour of the relocation of Cronulla Fisheries and would also support 500 plus staff at National Parks and Wildlife being relocated from Hurstville and also Forestries staff (which I'm not sure of the numbers involved)being decentralised from Pennant Hills.

I have this in an email reply I received from Robert Brown MLC and his complete disregard is appalling and shows any affiliation of fishers to the shooters party was purely a numbers game and hopefully the deceit will be remembered by every fisherman next election.

Yep, they've played us for fools and totally used us. They've played the Cronulla Fisheries card poorly. Lets see what they say after the decision to close Cronulla Fisheries is overturned as a result of the current parliamentary inquiry. They'll probably claim credit! Just like they've tried to do for other things they've had nothing to do with such as banning kingy traps. They'd better start doing stuff for us or they're out next time around.

Yep, they've played us for fools and totally used us. They've played the Cronulla Fisheries card poorly. Lets see what they say after the decision to close Cronulla Fisheries is overturned as a result of the current parliamentary inquiry. They'll probably claim credit! Just like they've tried to do for other things they've had nothing to do with such as banning kingy traps. They'd better start doing stuff for us or they're out next time around.

I wouldn't hold my breathe that this parliamentary inquiry will bring about an overturning of the decision. The Primary Industries Minister Katrina Hodgkinson didn't even show up to be questioned over her decision. Too busy apparently. The people voted out the last Government cause of their arrogance - it appears that some people never learn.

It appears to me that the Shooters and Fishers did the deal on these things like Cronulla and electricity to get hunting in National Parks. My thoughts are that there is a definite heirarchy in the party. Shooters First - Fishers second.

Seacow it would appear to be Shooters First, Shooters Second, and Shooters Third. Fishers would not even make their top ten.

By the way Katrina has now been told by Barry to appear before the inquiry.

Just got the transcript of her hearing last night from a mate in Parlo. I have just lost all faith in the democracy process.

I'm not really into the whole politics thing myself IMO there alll a bunch of over paid school kids arguing for popularity and not actually focused on anything besides getting elected again so they themselves get more money.

stuff the rest of us as long as they get the votes is pretty much any pollys motto!!!!!

what to do?????

before we know it we will be like the yanks and have 1 year of looking like achieving something before 3 years of just trying to get elected again.

So to summarize, Brown and Borsak have apparently done nothing for recreational fishing. Apparently not even tried to do anything positive for us despite holding the balance of power. They are either very poor politicians or anti recreational fishing. Perhaps both. It would be easy for these politicians to get the useless minister Hodgkinson to overturn her misguided decision to close Cronulla fisheries but they don't. Why?

• 1 month later...

These two are as cynical and opportunistic as politicians get. Remember that they were simply the Shooters party until the last election when, in a grab for votes, they added Fishers to the name. Leopards don't change their spots. Look at their website and compare their list of fishing "achievements" with the list of gun and hunting related ones. They supported a raft of government decisions, including the Cronulla closure, simply to gain access to national parks for hunting. And ,of course, there was their support of a 2 1/2 % wage cap on all public servants (except police), effectively meaning that nurses, teachers, ambos, firemen and all other public servants are subsidising this state. In my mind they are the prostitutes of politics in NSW and have sold us out big time. Now they are after more state funding for small political parties like theirs. When I wrote a polite email to both of them at the time the Cronulla closure was happening neither even bothered to have a staffer acknowledge my email let alone send me a response setting out their policy on the matter. It later became evident why - they supported this discredited decision so that they could get some hunting related legislation through the parliament. They can rot in hell as far as I am concerned.

• 1 month later...

Before the merger who was representing the fishers party and actualy who is now ? I honestly cant accept being tied in with a group i believe in the main are blood thirsty people wanting to kill and torture ANY animal for the fun it unlike most amatuer fishos that treat it as a sport and feed and release what they dont need or cant eat..

I would prefer a dedicated outdoors party without the shooters baggage but the fact is the first outdoors recreation party had a waste of space MP who got done for travel rorts ,his replacement was OK however he developed cancer so couldn't try for re-election. What's the alternative to vote for other than the shooters?

• 9 months later...

I like hunting and spear fishing, I love fishing. I am also a conservationist. I like quite a few politicians but hate politics.

Surley there are enough likeminded people out there so as to weild some sort of power or have some sort of legitimate imput into our "system".

at the moment there fighting for the shooters because the shooters are loosing land to shoot on like the state forests. the shooters are also loosing there rights to own firearms. tougher laws are being put on shooters all the time. shooters are also constantly under fire from the press. illegal black market guns and shootings are put apon the law abiding firearm owners that do the right thing, and people think the law abiding firearm owners that do the right thing should have there firearms taken from them, they should loose a hobby they love doing.

the thing is nearly every law abiding shooter is a fisherman as well and they fight for both the sports they love to do. fisherman, just fisherman fight for themselves, then have a sook when a little piece of water is closed to fishing or the bag and size limits are increased. try being a shooter that just had all the state forests closed down, now lets close down the same amount of area to fishing. and turn the same amount of sea into NP as there is on land. then fisherman might have something to winge about but at the moment fisherman have it easy compaired to shooters.

shoorters are fisherman as well and fight for all out door related activities. fisherman fight for fishing and nothing else.

why dont you ask Robert Borsak and Robert Brown why they do what they do. instead of winge about it.

You are right to some degree jimnicdusty

For me to have a decent hunt I need to drive 3.5 hours away from Wollongong.

For a good fish its a 15 minute walk.

I think there needs to be a separate fishers party that focuses on the fishing issues

My concern is the dodgey fishers.

If every weekender comes down my way and takes 1-3 undersized wish then it wont be long till we have nothing left.

Then there is the over fishing and the fact no one regulates catch sizes in fish markets (Especially in Corrimal)

I saw a bream that would fit in the palm of my son's hand and he is only 4.

The fear is id we dont get thing done right way now then I wont be able to enjoy fishing when I retire......there will be nothing but rich Dutchmen raping the sea with super trawlwers

at the moment there fighting for the shooters because the shooters are loosing land to shoot on like the state forests. the shooters are also loosing there rights to own firearms. tougher laws are being put on shooters all the time. shooters are also constantly under fire from the press. illegal black market guns and shootings are put apon the law abiding firearm owners that do the right thing, and people think the law abiding firearm owners that do the right thing should have there firearms taken from them, they should loose a hobby they love doing.

the thing is nearly every law abiding shooter is a fisherman as well and they fight for both the sports they love to do. fisherman, just fisherman fight for themselves, then have a sook when a little piece of water is closed to fishing or the bag and size limits are increased. try being a shooter that just had all the state forests closed down, now lets close down the same amount of area to fishing. and turn the same amount of sea into NP as there is on land. then fisherman might have something to winge about but at the moment fisherman have it easy compaired to shooters.

shoorters are fisherman as well and fight for all out door related activities. fisherman fight for fishing and nothing else.

why dont you ask Robert Borsak and Robert Brown why they do what they do. instead of winge about it.

Well said. :clapping:

• 2 months later...

"why dont you ask Robert Borsak and Robert Brown why they do what they do. instead of winge about it"

I've tried - twice. Not even an acknowledgement of my emails which were polite and in no way abusive or even critical of them. They lost me long ago.