Site Rules

novice

Admin,

I don't mean to be argumentative, so please don't take my comments the wrong way.....

I understand why we have to support our sponsors...it's a given.

Members are often asking for boat recommendations, or showing off their pride and joy.

Members are asking for PFD recommendations http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=45196 (the last post is dated 28.8.12)

members are often asking "which lure?"

however, If we are to apply the logic of rule 8, then there should be no talk of -

any boats NOT supplied by "Huett Marine" or "Sport Fishing Boats", so no talk of Hobie kayaks or other watercraft not supplied by the aforementioned

any talk of PFD's other than the "infltable Rashirt"

any talk of lure other than "Berkley" or "U Make Em Sft plastics", so no talk of squidgies, kokoda, rapala etc.

Rules and constitutions are ever evolving....and more often than not, for the better. That's a fact of life.

Is this forum above that ?

I guess it's due to sponsor ship.

Though these day and age sponsors should know by using these SENSORSHIP type of advertising doesn't work.

People are smarter now and we know these discussion including NON sponsor brand still provides good advertising as we are talking about similar products they offer and thus most of us eventually end up looking into their products as well.

If you restrict the talk of other similar products, then chances of people talking about SPONSORS product also decreases.

Also remember sensorship can easily be avoided by people jumping away from Raiders and join other forums. (Something we Raiders don't want it happening) :)

+1

The aim of the game is to fool the fish

Admin,

I don't mean to be argumentative, so please don't take my comments the wrong way.....

Members are often asking for boat recommendations, or showing off their pride and joy.

Members are asking for PFD recommendations http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=45196 (the last post is dated 28.8.12)

however, If we are to apply the logic of rule 8, then there should be no talk of -

any boats NOT supplied by "Huett Marine" or "Sport Fishing Boats", so no talk of Hobie kayaks or other watercraft not supplied by the aforementioned

any talk of lure other than "Berkley" or "U Make Em Sft plastics", so no talk of squidgies, kokoda, rapala etc.

Rules and constitutions are ever evolving....and more often than not, for the better. That's a fact of life.

The site exists for everyone to enjoy and share experiences. From complete beginners like myself to the pros.

The site has hit 18000 members, that's a lot... and that also requires maintenance, which in turn requires $$$, hence why the site has sponsers.

This can go back forth forever, so trying to make your point won't really help, cause in the end, you don't run the site. Swordy has already expressed it is ok to talk about it casually, seems he is being lenient.

Fishing is a great relaxing getaway for all, lets just leave it at that!

Admin,

Members are asking for PFD recommendations http://www.fishraide...showtopic=45196 (the last post is dated 28.8.12)

Admin has been fair on most things on Fishraider and has let a lot go in recent years Taps.

Many people try and rort the system by advertising their mates or friends businesses on our site.

If said businesses want air play on our huge site they should approach Admin in a formal and professional manner.

Most of the well known brands are just that "well known" and everyone knows that.

I have sent you a PM with what I expect and if that sits well with you then you will continue to be a member,IF NOT then you know what the other option is BYE BYE

We have much to do everyday on Fishraider and it takes a lot of our time which we do for free.......YES FREE to make this forum a happy and great place to visit.

DONT LIKE HOW WE RUN IT ???? GO SOMEWHERE ELSE or make your own site and see how you go :biggrin2:

Swordfisherman"

The site exists for everyone to enjoy and share experiences. From complete beginners like myself to the pros.

The site has hit 18000 members, that's a lot... and that also requires maintenance, which in turn requires $$, hence why the site has sponsers.

This can go back forth forever, so trying to make your point won't really help, cause in the end, you don't run the site. Swordy has already expressed it is ok to talk about it casually, seems he is being lenient.

Fishing is a great relaxing getaway for all, lets just leave it at that!

I want to say a big thanks to you TIH for reiterating what has already been said. You have said it clearly and succintly and if you understand it then why don't some of the others??

This is a huge site and we have tried very hard to stay away from it becoming like other sites where the advertising takes over the reason for being here. I hate the sites with popups and flashing ads at me all the time.

If you want that then join in all the millions of facebook pages that have proliferated. Most of them are just rubbish and are just galleries of people's pics. Here you can look through all the great information and learn as well as socially networking.

Seriously if anyone wants to form a group to review rules and how fishraider works then please send us a personal message or email fishraider@iinet.net.au we will welcome your suggestions.

Posting a random complaint post is not really the way to go.