Sutherland Fishers

boattart

Hi All,

Over the last few months I have been doing quite a bit of fishing and in the process have meet a several Fishraiders as well as exchanging reports and other info with several members through Fishraider and PM's. Given there seems to be quite a few in the area that are regularly on here I thought it might be worth considering a get together. I'm not talking about anything formal or expensive, maybe a Saturday afternoon at Cronulla RSL for a couple of hours to give people a chance to put a face to a name or possibly meet some new potential crew. Would anyone else be interested?

Hi Kel and Luke,

And anyone else for that matter. I'm headed to Vanuatu next week so given the weather this weekend will be doing a bit of running around and fishing but I'm still keen to arrange a catch up in a few weeks. I'm back in the 2nd week of school holiday so how about Saturday 6th October in the afternoon. Seeing there's 90 plus views I figure others have read this and if we set a date it may be easier to find out who could make it. As for where we could either just catch up at one of the local clubs or the RSL or would you rather Shelley or Oak Park in the afternoon and bring the kids along and they can kick a ball around or have a swim?

Boattart. I don't live in the shire but I mainly fish out of Pt Hacking so would be interested in coming along.

Unfortunatly , not available on the 6th , the 13th / 14th are OK. also , the 6th is the last weekend of the school hol's so some people may still be away.

Any way , the date is what is best for the majority.

As for the venue , would prefer a club. Normally the parking is easier , no problem concering the weather , a few tables together & the bar close by. :thumbup:

But again , what ever is prefered by those attending.

Geoff

Hi Kel and Luke,

And anyone else for that matter. I'm headed to Vanuatu next week so given the weather this weekend will be doing a bit of running around and fishing but I'm still keen to arrange a catch up in a few weeks. I'm back in the 2nd week of school holiday so how about Saturday 6th October in the afternoon. Seeing there's 90 plus views I figure others have read this and if we set a date it may be easier to find out who could make it. As for where we could either just catch up at one of the local clubs or the RSL or would you rather Shelley or Oak Park in the afternoon and bring the kids along and they can kick a ball around or have a swim?

ID be fine with either, PM sent.

cheers Luke

Hi Boattart,

Count me in. The missus keeps telling me to get out and meet a few fisho's. She reckons I need more fish in my diet and I'm not going to get it with my catch rates at the moment.

Send me a PM when you get back. I'm off the weekends and either indoors or out is fine with me.

Good luck in Vanuatu

Cheers,

Nursie

Howdy all,

There's been a few replies and a couple of PMs so how about we try this seeing as a few cant make the 6th lets try Saturday 13th October at 2.30 in the afternoon at Cronulla RSL in the bottom bar /TAB area. Plenty of time to confirm and no booking needed. If 2 people make it fine if it turns out to be 22 people that's fine too.

Thanks for the interest.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gents

I'm a newbie on this site (in here just call me JD)

From what I can gather from my last few weeks reading in here there is a low tolerance for wankers at fish raider.

That is very nice. Also family friendly. Better

I would love to catch up with a few real fishos who respect the sport for what it is.

(Something to be treated very carefully because if we don't it won't lbe there for our kids tomorrow).

Who knows something fun may come of it!

I haven't wet a line in nearly 12 months scary!

BUT

I'm typing this message sipping a beer in Mascott Airport on my way to fish the Gold Coast Flathead classic, a 4 Day Catch and release comp. should be excellent.

Am I bragging probably but it been a lonnnng time between drinks so to say

I will post and let you guys know how the Gold Coast is fishing.

About the 13th hope you and I can say GDay

JD

Just got back from Vanuatu last night. Did a bit of fishing and will post a report soon when I can sort through 3 cameras worth of photos. Glad to see the interest in a catch on the 13th. Looks like half a dozen or more will be there and look forward to catching up.

Howdy all, just thought i'd update here to say I will still be going on Saturday. I have double booked for the Fishing for Sick Kids dinner in the city (for which there are still tickets) and have to leave by 5.30 so I will try to get to the Cronulla RSL club by 2.00pm at the latest. Look forward to catching up with you there. Anyone having a midweek fish, I think i'll be heading for a look tomorrow to set if the storms have stirred up some Reds.

Gents it is with regret that i have to pull the pin on this meet on Saturday which I was realy looking forward too.

My 18Yr old kids have made it through to the semi finals of the Champions of Champions Soccor comp and kick off is @ 2:00pm Saturday. BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER!

I missed them winning the NSW State cup last year (Due to fishing commitments) and could never do it to them again.

Hopefully you guys may do this again soonish and i will be there.

Enjoy.

J.D.

Edited by Johndory

Howdy, I was there on Saturday although got caught up and didn't get there till 2.30 but there was quite a bigger crowd than I expected. I have recieved a message from Geoff that was there but couldn't find us. I think from replies it's worth another shot but might have to be a bit more organised and not quite so layed back. Has anyone got suggestions?

Howdy, I was there on Saturday although got caught up and didn't get there till 2.30 but there was quite a bigger crowd than I expected. I have recieved a message from Geoff that was there but couldn't find us. I think from replies it's worth another shot but might have to be a bit more organised and not quite so layed back. Has anyone got suggestions?

Unfortunately I had a late call to work an couldn’t make it. Maybe get Admin to Pin it next time??? I do most of my Fishraider off an phone so once it’s a bit old it doesn’t appear on the lists anymore unless I subscribe to it.

I’d be keen to keep it going, otherwise what about a social event that’s properly organised? not sure howmuch work that is for Admin though...

cheers Luke

G'day guys,

I only saw it on the day by luck but was in Adelaide but have a few mates who would come down,Mainly shire boys who would be keen for a beer and a laugh with anyone who would turn up (even those strange people who aren't from the shire).If There's another one it would be good to get together.

Cheers,Brad.