FIRST KAYAK!

sean221

Hey raiders,

finally i got the chance to go with the old man to look at some cheap kayaks. went past one that was 300 dollar SIT ON TOP kayak, which i wanted, and the old man wanted the SIT IN 250 dollar kayak.

since he was paying i said okay just get the sit in kayak. now we went back and fourth about me installing rod holder on the kayak and hes there telling me.... NO SON JUST USE A BLOODY HAND LINE. hahaha.

anyways he ended up saying 'JUST DO WHATEVER YOU WANT MATE!'

SO! i need some advice about what i can and cant do with this sit in kayak for it to be fishable.

im planning to install 2 flush mounts on the back, and figure out how to attatch a milk crate on the back using the slings and elastics.

Heres a picture of the yak (not flash at all just a basic first kayak) and gimme some ideas!

post-19575-075135000 1347427444_thumb.jpg

Im only going to be hitting calm rivers and esuarys and bays that are flat, so in mind i have georges river, cooks river, botany bay, when the weather is right.

I have still yet to learn so much about kayak fishing as i have never done it before.

Thanks for the read guys!! Im real excited for when i do get the time to go out and try the new yak!

SO! i need some advice about what i can and cant do with this sit in kayak for it to be fishable.

This is what my old man did with two old kayaks that were sitting in the garage attic. Yep, that's two kayaks stuck together, powered by a longtail motor kit :074: Not finished yet, still missing the rod holders!

th_20120912_174641.jpg

This is what my old man did with two old kayaks that were sitting in the garage attic. Yep, that's two kayaks stuck together, powered by a longtail motor kit :074: Not finished yet, still missing the rod holders!

th_20120912_174641.jpg

Gota have the rod holders! Haha,mlove it!

Good luck with it!