DIY Add on's

Yarraone

Well it has been a while since I have made a trip for a few days on my own and I figured it was time to set up properly and really get amongst it.. :biggrin2: I am hoping for good weather so I can get out around the heads or maybe even outside Lion Island if I go that way.

So, I figured I need to add and Or Modify a few things.

1. New rocket Launcher

2. Modify the Bimini (higher & self standing)

3. Live bait tank (removable)

4. A Squid light

Well it has taken all weekend, and quite a few trips to the Local hardware, but here is the end result.

1. New rocket Launcher

2. Modify the Bimini (higher & self standing)

post-6381-033377400 1348384503_thumb.jpg

3. Live bait tank (removable)

post-6381-045893500 1348384505_thumb.jpg

Back View...

post-6381-057980300 1348384500_thumb.jpg

4. A Squid light

post-6381-008953900 1348384498_thumb.jpg

Now it is ready to go.. Bearings have been done all that is left is to pack the rods and tackle.. :yahoo:

post-6381-067207900 1348384495_thumb.jpg

So If you see me on the water either on Sydney harbour or the Hawksberry this long weekend Come say hello, or give me a call VHF.... Tight lines :thumbup:

Yarraone,

Don't own a boat myself, but the results look very impressive. I love the squid light. Simple, yet elegant. Only one concern with it. Would the engine vibration shake the filament to an early death? Or do you have a pad of neoprene or some such to dampen the vibration?

Hope you have many comfortable hours on the water.

Cheers,

Nursie

Yarraone,

Don't own a boat myself, but the results look very impressive. I love the squid light. Simple, yet elegant. Only one concern with it. Would the engine vibration shake the filament to an early death? Or do you have a pad of neoprene or some such to dampen the vibration?

Hope you have many comfortable hours on the water.

Cheers,

Nursie

Yeah mate I have a rubber block under the mount :thumbup:

Looks great there yarraone! Nice work! :thumbup:

Should be able to stock the baittank up with squid and smash the kings when you head down to Sydney!

Just one thing I noticed... your outlet on the bait tank may be too small... if you are running anything larger than a 360GPH pump the size and run of the hose may cause the tank to overflow..

See you on the water!

Trung

Looks great there yarraone! Nice work! :thumbup:

Should be able to stock the baittank up with squid and smash the kings when you head down to Sydney!

Just one thing I noticed... your outlet on the bait tank may be too small... if you are running anything larger than a 360GPH pump the size and run of the hose may cause the tank to overflow..

See you on the water!

Trung

Yeah mate if you see me on the water come say hi and teach me a few things...lol- :biggrin2:

The outlet is bigger than the inlet but will have to wait and see I guess

yarraone

how did the tank go ?

i got to give my new tank a run last sunday could only catch 8 or so pike though lol

i need to cut the pickup down as just too much water was coming in, and if i closed the tap the pump couldnt work properly

anoying to have to open it every time we stopped

DSC00066_zps243a9b50.jpg

mounted.jpg

• 3 months later...