Rod Suggestions

cheekiifisher

Thanks guys!!

It sure is a two piece rod. Has to be able to go in the rod case so it never breaks :)...

I appreciate all the support and advice you all have given it is great to have a place to go for help :) looking forward to testing it out next week :) until then I sit and stare at it lol

Just to throw another 2 cents worth in, I just got a new SP outfit, Diawa TDT 2-4kg rod, Daiwa Legalis 2500 reel and 5lb Power Pro braid. I'll use a 10lb Vanish leader on it.

The whole outfit is so light it's ridiculous - should make flicking plastics all day pretty easy.

I took a risk and ordered the reel from the USA since they were dirt cheap but I think retail here on the whole lot would be around $280 including the line.

Good luck with your pack-ratting :D

I have a Stradic 2500 matched to a Pflueger Trion 2-4 kg two piece rod. Great combo for throwing soft plastics for bream and flathead, small metals for bonito and salmon, poppers for whiting and surface fish like bonito and kings. Also good for freshwater casting and trolling for trout and natives. Very versatile and well balanced outfit. The suggestion to settle on a reel and then put it on a number of rods in your price bracket in the tackle shop is a good one.

Great outfit you ended up with....and nice way to open your account...now you just need to upgrade that lizard to a 70 - 100 cm specimen so that you can see exactly what your new outfit can handle.....nothing better than putting your pimped up new gear through its paces and watching it do its thing.....

Good luck with it all.