A M A Z I N G 35kg kingie caught from a yak in NZ

arpie

Hi guys

Check out this footage of a 35kg kingie being caught from a kayak near 3 Kings Islands. They were taken out there by boat, launched their yaks & got into trevally, snapper & then the kingies came to the party!! AND he's not wearing a gimbal!! OUCH!:wacko:

Stuart Cooney (the main guy fishing) uses 'mechanical jigging' to entice the strikes ...... very effectively! Check the grimace on Stuart's face when the 'biggie' jumps onto his jig!!

He had a few buddies along keeping an eye on things to make sure he didn't get into trouble (including his wife, Shelley) who is an amazing fisho in her own right!

And guess what ........... I will actually be staying with Shelley next Monday night & will be fishing with her on Tues morning, then again all day Friday! Both her & Stuart are fishing as a team in the Big Comp on the weekend that I am also fishing in with another Aussie going over especially for the comp! Gotta keep the Aussie flag flying!

I can see this ditch jumping becoming a regular event!! I am trying to convince Shelley to come over to Wilderness Island, WA with me next May too! :biggrin2: I've already got my deposit down!:yahoo:

cheerio

Roberta

Thanks guys - I won't be going out THERE tho!1yikes.gif1yikes.gif

Looking forward to tussling with snapper, possibly a kingie & maybe some Kawahai/Aussie Salmon or a John Dory - the 4 species we are 'after'!!

Not long now!!

Roberta

Hi Nick

If you can't see it on screen, just go to youtube & copy this link

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN1xlSM4s_Y

cheers

ROberta

....whenever he hooks onto a big fish, it quite clearly starts towing the kayak along at a pretty hefty clip....

he, he, you could almost water ski behind 'the beast'!!

Edited by Roberta

....I cant get over the bend in the rod on that last fish!!....

It is amazing, isn't it?? Pretty well fully loaded up too on that whopper of a kingie!!

I am not 100% sure, but it could be a 'nano' rod! They are pretty well designed to bend right up to the handle ..... and not break! It is all about the New ways of laying down the resin that holds the rod all together!

Here is Shelley with one of her better snapper!!

post-2231-033077900 1348904426_thumb.jpeg

cheers

Roberta

I wish I could find one like that! wacko.gif