Amazing session at the Georges

Joco

Got the privilege to join Stewy for a session at the Georges :1fishing1:

Plan was to Christen my Mitro/Stella setup

Started off target Jew fish and were not successful, pulled out numerous flathead.

chippingnorton219.jpg

We changed to chasing some EP’s and Stewy was on straight away.

chippingnorton220.jpg

chippingnorton221.jpg

Started slowing down, so once again we were targeting Jew fish with no luck.

In the mean time we came across a Red Belly snake :1yikes: which kept us amused for a while.

Got Stewy to bring the boat right up to the snake for a nice close photo shoot.

Next thing you know Stewy, with a big grin on his face, threw his squidgy to get the snake moving to try and get a reaction out of me, the snake did not budge. I splashed a bit of water over the snake, and the next thing you know there was the snake entering the water wiggling towards the boat. Stewys reaction was priceless, was very fast to move towards the front of the boat, & started operating the electric motor ASAP. Mind you I wasn’t that brave myself, too close. The snake was persistent and continued chasing after us. Both Stewy and I were very surprised with the snakes persistency (it wanted a piece of Stewy) :biggrin2:

chippingnorton224.jpg

Getting no Jews other then flatties, once again we moved on for an EP bash and this time my reel screamed. Several runs later, Stewy though it was a Jewfish, the way it took off. But after a good fight ended up being a descent fat bream.

chippingnorton226.jpg

Taylor moved in and started demolishing our plastics.

What happened next was priceless.

Stewy targeting EPs, got smoked and the line started peeling of the reel without a sign of stopping.

Rod was bent to the floor, Stewy held onto the rod so hard, like he held onto that ciggy in between his lips :thumbup:

Both of us were thinking it was a massive flatty, the fish took the boat a good 150m away from where the strike was.

A good 15 minutes into the fight I thought to myself the leader will snap any time soon.

Such a good fight, and in the end it was a massive fat trevelly (to our disappointment).

By this time Stewy blood was pumping with adrenalin, and time once again came to go flick for a Jew.

chippingnorton231.jpg

chippingnorton232.jpg

We casted so many times that to my surprise my whole hand was sore.

Our hopes & dreams were quickly diminishing. Wind picked up and this added to our frustration.

Stewy decided to tell me a tale to boost the moral, “once upon a time, I landed a Jew fish and ” the story ended as quick as it started....... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Perfect timing Stewy, the reel screamed, and the rod bent, Stewy was up off the chair and I knew we were in for a treat.

Being faced with a strong current, the fish was in control and was going right for the pylon.

Even though I echoed so many time; Stewy the pylon, Stewy the pylon.

He was in his own state of mind, too focused on the fish trying not to loose it.

I had to raise my voice at him, as the boat was going straight for a head on collision.

Last second Stewy pressed the magic button and we were in the clear.

Short time later the beast emerged from the deep.

Couple of snaps, and Stewys line was back in the water and got hit immediatelly this time with a smaller specimen.

Top day Stewy, well done, and thank you for having me.

I had a ball even though i didnt Christen the new setup. Im waiting for the 10Kg specimen :biggrin2:

Can wait to do it all again :thumbup:

chippingnorton234.jpg

chippingnorton235.jpg

chippingnorton239.jpg

Edited by Joco

Joey what a day mate with us scoring 6 different species and picking up plenty of nice flatties as well.

I tell you what I enjoyed the most was the chilly tuna on that nice bread and those gerkins (yummy) and off course your peach wine :beersmile:

When I said "look at that thing" and it was a BIG BLACK SNAKE I heard you say next time I will be very careful around the M5 bridge :074:

We fished extremely hard all day and got rewarded for our efforts and tried a few new tactics and they worked as well.

Thanks for the great company Joey and your smile and friendliness goes a long way to make each trip one to remember.

Next trip we will blood your new Nitro and Stella :yahoo:

Until next time man !!

Regards Stewy.

P.S great shot of that Joey Blake (Mr Snake)

Great session fellas.......Stewy has those mid week sessions sorted. Looks like you worked quite a large part of the Georges River and reaped the benefits of knowing where the fish are biting at different stages of the tide.

I reckon that red belly black is a resident of the M5 bridge, I have seen him a couple of times and on both occasions it was during spring.

Great session fellas.......Stewy has those mid week sessions sorted. Looks like you worked quite a large part of the Georges River and reaped the benefits of knowing where the fish are biting at different stages of the tide.

I reckon that red belly black is a resident of the M5 bridge, I have seen him a couple of times and on both occasions it was during spring.

We tried for jewies nearly all day at different spots but we got lucky at the top of the tide as we missed the first change as we didnt start fishing till 7.30am.

The water quality is good and I cant see any end to the jewies coming through :yahoo:

Mid week is the only way to get plenty of bites as the Georges gets unfishable with all the traffic on weekends.

We tried for jewies nearly all day at different spots but we got lucky at the top of the tide as we missed the first change as we didnt start fishing till 7.30am.

The water quality is good and I cant see any end to the jewies coming through :yahoo:

Mid week is the only way to get plenty of bites as the Georges gets unfishable with all the traffic on weekends.

is that the jackall transam lure you got your jewie on? does it go well in the georges?

Awesome report guys :thumbup: Even without the jews it would have been a cracker of a session but i guess they were the icing on the cake! Top fish! How big was the first jew? Looks early 90's? Gotta love those jackall transams too! Top lures :biggrin2:

Congrats guys!

Cheers, Tom

how do you fish it? hop off the bottom?

Cast as far as you can and I was using 10lb braid on a 2500 fireblood and a 4 to 6 kg stick and let it hit he bottom,but as soon as the line goes slack wind till you get tight and then two or 3 quick hops and repeat as before.... you will feel the vibe and get used to it pretty quick.

Be AWARE that the hooks are razor sharp and like rocks and snags equally as much as anglers apendages ,,oh AND 30 BUXS A pop !!!! :biggrin2:

But I did get two fish in two casts :yahoo:

Cast as far as you can and I was using 10lb braid on a 2500 fireblood and a 4 to 6 kg stick and let it hit he bottom,but as soon as the line goes slack wind till you get tight and then two or 3 quick hops and repeat as before.... you will feel the vibe and get used to it pretty quick.

Be AWARE that the hooks are razor sharp and like rocks and snags equally as much as anglers apendages ,,oh AND 30 BUXS A pop !!!! :biggrin2:

But I did get two fish in two casts :yahoo:

thanks ill be giving it a go soon :thumbup:

Well done fellows, great report and fish!

Fishing the George's river on the weekdays, pulling out massive Jews, travs, bream etc on lures... that's the life! :ranting2:

Nice pics of the snake, I reckon other raiders would have appreciated a close up/macro shot of it.... can please bring it inboard next time and take a few snaps for us all? :biggrin2:

Cheers

Trung

Ah Joco and Stewie again! Great catches there especially the jewie but I reckon the trevally would have put up a great fight!

Anytime you want a get together Pete you would be most welcome mate.

Its great fishing with guys like Joco and Trung,Reggie Rabbit,outdoordan and many others who have the passion just like myself :yahoo:

Regards Stewy