Lowrance X55 Transducer

Rodb73

Hi Raiders,

I have a Lowrance X55 Fishfinder and am in need of a new Transducer. I guess I have a couple of questions I'm hoping to find the answer to.

1st. Does anyone know if the cable can be repaired? It's been cut. The cable is a coxial cable.

2nd. I have searched high and low to try and find a replacement and am lead to believe they are now a discontinued item. Would anyone have one they would like to sell to me please.

The Fishfinder worked well until the cable had been cut, so if I can resurrect it, over replacing, I will.

Thanks in advance everyone

Cheers

Rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Google "data cabeling" . These guy's install & join cables & may be able to assist.

To save some $$$ it may be better to remove the cable from the boat & take it to their workshop.

Or , try someone like Jaycar , they should have cable joiners that perhaps you could do yourself.

Geoff

G'day,

joining the cable isn't ideal but should work, but the DIY connections are rubbish. They won't last at all with the vibrations on a boat. Any data company should have the proper crimps, and should be able to do it.

But I'd get some 'glue lined heat shrink' online and liquid electrical tape from a boating shore and completely cover the connection, a couple of times. As corrosion in the joint will give you a bad reading.

Cheers Leo

Your biggest problem will be getting a transducer or other parts if you need some as they are certainly obsolete by many years. I threw away an X55 last year and the transducer is still embedded in the bottom of the boat - uselessly as they are 192khz and therefore not compatible with anything in general use these days.

You can successfully join the cable using the appropriate good quality cable joiner. Try rscomponents or element14 as Jaycar et al don't have the type of joiners you should use. A poor joint will limit the sensitivity or cause interference making the sounder unusable.

There were some 192khz transducers for sale in the USA last year but you're probably better off buying something else for the same amount of money.

Edited by Testlab