I need "Whiting for Dummies", Lake Macquarie

mikewarden

Hi, I'm desperate because my partner like to fish whiting and I try to every favour for her but I myself don't no how ..... :1fishing1:

I need somebody he can explain something to me or give us practical support.

I'm a "beginner" from a non fishing country and my partner is a australian fishing girl but without experience for many years.

approx 1 year ago we moved from the Blue Mountains to San Remo and the first time in my live I was fishing and I learned so slowly to catch Bream and Blackfish.

But, and there is the point I need help, my partner loves to go for Whiting.

We found out it's only a short way from us to Lake Macquarie and Karin and I observed and tried many spots and we found places where you can see fish ..... but how to catch them? :wacko:

We tried now a few times Whiting and it was a desaster.

We got the right rigs, we bought living bloodworms, we found after weeks a good spot, we came in the right Tide Time, we can see the fish in the water (on the top and not on the ground? I think they are bottom feader?) ..... and caught nothing. :1badmood:

Karin thinks she had a nibbling, that's it.

I think we are doing something wrong but I don't no what.

I'm happy with Blackfish or Bream but realy I like to organise something for my partner to catch whiting.

And everybody told us it's a beginner fish for kids.

And we got it not organised?

How stupid can we be?

Big Question now.

Who can help?

We need a course "Whiting for Dummies" ....... :074:

Greetings

Peter Mike Warden

peter_mike_warden(at)australia.edu

Edited by mikewarden

Hi, I'm desperate because my partner like to fish whiting and I try to every favour for her but I myself don't no how ..... :1fishing1:

I'm a "beginner" from a non fishing country and my partner is a australian fishing girl but without experience for many years.

approx 1 year ago we moved from the Blue Mountains to San Remo and the first time in my live I was fishing and I learned so slowly to catch Bream and Blackfish.

We found out it's only a short way from us to Lake Macquarie and Karin and I observed and tried many spots and we found places where you can see fish ..... but how to catch them? :wacko:

We got the right rigs, we bought living bloodworms, we found after weeks a good spot, we came in the right Tide Time, we can see the fish in the water (on the top and not on the ground? I think they are bottom feader?) ..... and caught nothing. :1badmood:

I'm happy with Blackfish or Bream but realy I like to organise something for my partner to catch whiting.

How stupid can we be?

Big Question now.

Who can help?

Greetings

Peter Mike Warden

When summer hits go fish the entrance at the mouth of the lake you should get stuck into a few whiting for sure

The first thing you need to do is find your location. Whiting are sand dwellers so you will find them along shallow sandy beaches. The next most important thing is a good quality bait, you can't beat live blood worms or live tube worms, they're not cheap but that's the bait you need. A small sinker running to a swivel and light line and there's not much more you can do besides burlying up.

Fishingphase

How stupid can we be?

Big Question now.

Who can help?

Greetings

Peter Mike Warden

also how much pound trace you using and what size hook?

Edited by Spoooled