Clean Sweep

sam_chamoun93

G'day Raiders.

Headed out to Little Bay at 3.30 today to try some wash fishing for drummer. Armed with some tips I have picked up on this forum, I attempted not to lose half my gear to the ocean as per every other trip. Cut up some cunje, and let it dry in the sun as I threw around some lightly weighted pieces of bread in the wash. Took me half an hour to get my drifts right and soon after that I started to get some action. My bread was getting destroyed. As soon as it got under the surface it would get ripped off the hook. (If anyone has any suggestions how to properly bait it that would be awesome if you could share) Tried a few smaller pieces and bigger pieces and finally got a hookup. Thought it was a bream at first but brought up a silver sweep?

Ok... well at least that's not a rock cale or wrasse, i'm cheering :yahoo: Back in he went. Not even sure if I could eat the fella. By now, the cunje had dried out so I put some on and cast in. I could feel the little buggers going at it and it struggled to get to the bottom with all the rubbish nibbling at it. Put a bigger piece of bait on to get it to sink quicker and then tap tap tap BANG. I got smoked before I even reached for my drag.

Had to leave about 5 pm because I ran out of sinkers :15:

Still had the fishing bug so I bought some gear then headed to Lurline for some more :1fishing1:

Only lost 2 rigs this time, a 1/4 of the amount lost at little bay, and I caught more fish. :thumbup:

post-24105-061184400 1352799224_thumb.jpg

Ended up being 4 altogether. 2 on cunje, 2 on bread and all sent back to harass another angler. Probably come back to haunt me :mad3:

So that's how it ended up. No drummer and a clean sweep.

Note; this will be awkward if they are not actually silver sweeps like I thought... :1prop: