Members kayaks

JaniFIN

Guest stephanb79
2 hours ago, BigRod said:

Very Nice why the change from a pa to the outback

very good question ..

I loved the pa but when we go camping with the camper trailer I cant lift it up on the camper to heavy and that would mean I would have to take to cars ..

and the second is I have a brand new boat coming and I cant have 3 trailers at home lol so I went to an outback and easy to lift on the camper and I can put it up on the racks if I need to ..

• 1 year later...

My ebay special yak. Not the most stable thing but it gets me out there. 

At the moment just have pvc rod holders, anchor trolley, side adjustable rod holders and a ebay chair. Have ditched the padded “deluxe” seat and have never looked back

no fish finder yet as cant justify getting one for something i use once a year. 

Stickers make it go a bit faster

11705E68-6F4C-46F3-8166-D25781902969.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Had my Hobie Quest 13 for approx 9 years . A great boat. Done many kilometres in it. Quite a few fish. I chose the quest because I loved the fit out that Hobie do, pockets and hatches. It’s the only type in the fleet that is not pedal driven. Got it second hand for 1000 Australian dollars 

B1EFA779-4A0C-48B6-BC0C-D7ABA81B2831.jpeg

61979F99-5C31-4925-A1AE-AAC71501866C.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

There's a place called Koastal Kayaks up here in Bundaberg, Queensland run by an avid kayak fisherman named Dave, who custom-makes kayaks of various types. Super-high quality yaks and he's always happy to answer questions. This region has tons of fish-worthy mangrove creeks, dams and good-sized rivers for the avid kayak fisho.

Here's the one he made for me, called a Crusader Fisherman. It's got a nice balance of speed and stability and is a dream to paddle. I've caught hard-fighting mack tuna at the blue-water mouth of the Burnett River, mangrove jack from rock bars on Coonarr Creek, flatties in the Elliot River and school mackerel just offshore, less than 800 metres from my house in Coral Cove. My wife has a standard Dragon Kayak from a shop (she likes the extra stability and ability to cart crab pots around) but I prefer the versatility of this yak. Here's a photo from the upper (freshwater) reaches of the Burnett River near a spot called Smith's Crossing, upstream from Bundaberg.574421818_Crusader2.thumb.jpg.217d5d9931fe143800b7247b55414d5e.jpg  

• Like 2