What do you like about fishraider?

mrsswordfisherman

• 2 months later...

Live the fact that it is Sydney based as local knowledge is always great.

Members are friendly and approachable always happy to help and share knowledge.

Can easily make new friends and fishing buddies.

Access via Tapatalk is a real plus for me.

I love coming to Fishraider as its a fountain of knowledge!

Learn everything from what rigs to use, how to catch certain fish, where to go, what to be careful of and identifying what that strange fish I caught was!

Countless times I've googled a question and its lead me to a Fishraider post :D

Also love reading about other people's fishing experiences.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ijoin fishraider member about 7 years a go. Now i have been in oz once and planning new trip. Have get fishing frends there over 30 hours Flight. Without This forum, i maby Never hooked my mahimahi, now i have did hooked 2, learn softplastic and yak fishing ext. Allso forum is easylly read and clean, thanks for moderators. Now i write This message from smart phone,i couldnt do that, if i didnt join member This forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Plain and simple, it is a lot friendlier than any other online fishing community. For example, you don't get flamed for asking a question that may have already been answered somewhere on the forum before. Sure, there is a search function, but quite often you can't think of the correct terminology or keywords to search for. People are always willing to help.

I used to post to another site (now defunct) that was full of aggravation from just a few regulars. These "Stars" criticised any posts from other fishos and generally made personal attacks that were way off. The moderators let too much go through without pulling guys up which just led to numerous contributors, including myself, leaving the site and, for a while, not participating on any sites.

When I first started posting to Raiders I felt that the rules were a bit tough however when I did inadvertently transgress the Moderators were firm but fair and I soon realised that they make this site what it is. A place where differing views can be expressed without someone taking you on and a great place to share fishing lore and knowledge knowing that any Raiders who like what they read will post a polite response. That all makes it a pleasure to post on any and all topics that individual Raiders contribute from their own experience.

Many of the pinned posts are pure gold. Roberta's contributions on catching beach worms and catching fish are legend, ditto my mate's post on making blackfish floats. You just cannot buy books with that sort of detail in them.

Despite having actively fished for more than 60 years I have learnt a lot from other Raiders posts and enjoyed the descriptions of their fishing trips and accompanying photos.

So, to sum up, a premier site that is well managed and one that has a wide cross section of contributors. Both young and old, experienced and newcomers. It doesn't get any better than that!

Cheers

Paikea

• 1 month later...

I like fishraider for its up to date information, fishing magazines are great but already a month behind reality. There is genuine good will between members, and the combined experience and knowledge means everyone benefits. I have visited the site as a guest for years and just became a member and I like it even more. Thanks fishraider.

One word " Scratchie"

Thanks devil ray! I appreciate your comment. I'm glad I can be of some assistance to you and fellow raiders. As you have all helped me improve my skills since joining Australia's premium fishing website!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I only joined this site a month or so ago but even though I don't post regularly or have a boat and all the gear I feel like im there with the ladys and men fishing. Seeing the reports of game fishing, huge catches, no catches and surprise catches and everything in between makes you laugh smile and even feel sorry for the person. the knowledge accessible is amazing too, even if there is no 'review', by searching something within 10 mins of reading you have a good idea of how the product works and its pros and cons. I especially love the member kayak and boat posts - always leave me in awe and jealously. Some posts here even get the misses attention when reading over my shoulder.

Not to mention a great time waster @ work. Being a telemarketer is depressing but reading this makes it good fun. this site has got me through dozens of shifts

Regards, Will

my boss and I even watched a doco of Giant Carp fishing one saturday morning - was good fun. This site is great for young UNI students. the family feel is something great as well - having the older guys on here makes it seem like we are learning from some experts. Oh no haha, my misses leaves this up to me :wife: . I do the research but she seems to catch the fish after i tell her what i find out - i figure i shouldnt break the voodo. she even tells the lads at parties some of the fish were mine, shes a keeper

my boss and I even watched a doco of Giant Carp fishing one saturday morning - was good fun. This site is great for young UNI students. the family feel is something great as well - having the older guys on here makes it seem like we are learning from some experts. Oh no haha, my misses leaves this up to me :wife: . I do the research but she seems to catch the fish after i tell her what i find out - i figure i shouldnt break the voodo. she even tells the lads at parties some of the fish were mine, shes a keeper

That's because most of the people on here are addicted to fishing. The older members are a wealth of knowledge and it pays to listen. Just like you listen to your mrs but try with intent. Lol.

If your mrs is telling fishing stories and she talks you up, she's definitely a keeper!

Look forward to your posts!

Cheers scratchie!!!

This place just isn't like other forums or internet in general. More of an online extended family with everyone sharing and contributing! For a young bloke like me picking up fishing properly after the old man found other priorities fishraider has just been absolutely invaluable. Where either scrolling through the tomes of knowledge already posted or asking a specific question gets you cheerful enthusiastic responses even if it is a novice topic! Starting lure fishing about a year ago can honestly say would not have happened without the knowledge and "just keep at it" encouragement from you guys! And the reports as well...whether it's the boaties tagging bills or (me) managing a flatty or cracking bream on sp's everyones stoked and encourages the effort. Also the non tolerance of antisocial behavior is really refreshing, thanks so much to the admins for all the hard work and keeping it friendly!

(Point of evidence I use tapatalk more than anything else the girlfriend says I'm cheating on her with you lot!) :)

Cheers

Witha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

There are a lot of things I like about fishraider- the generous people on here giving help and tips to people who they don't even know, the various number of articles to help anglers get their dream fish but last of all sworfisherman and msswordfisherman running and starting this great site. Without them this wouldn't exist. THank you for all your hard work going into this site much appreciated.

Cheers Ethan

Got to agree with Ethan, a huge thank you for the site, taking the time to answer my newbie questions and offering sound advice (particularly to Luc for the info on structure). I think the other good thing here is members encouraging good fishing habits: for example, one of the comments on my first post was to not use a towel when handling fish- something I'd had no idea about before, but something that I've stopped doing.

Got to agree with Ethan, a huge thank you for the site, taking the time to answer my newbie questions and offering sound advice (particularly to Luc for the info on structure). I think the other good thing here is members encouraging good fishing habits: for example, one of the comments on my first post was to not use a towel when handling fish- something I'd had no idea about before, but something that I've stopped doing.

Thank you for the feedback on the site. The members on here are certainly who make it the great site that it is. Luc (trout stalker) is one of those generous members. There are many more and I hope you continue enjoying this site!

Cheers scratchie!!!

• 7 months later...

I only joined a month ago, but have been hooked since day 1, many hours spent passing time reading up on some of the posts.

I haven't seen any sticky how to tutorials, maybe worth getting some done by experienced members,

Click on "articles" at the top of the page

Cheers Blood Knot

Love how freely information is shared it's very rare these days to find genuine people that offer help to others without wanting something in return. Keep up the great work guys hopefully in the future I can help others as you have all helped me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats not to like!

Fishraider defines what a forum community should be all about.

Those who take the time to provide and contribute to a resource like this such as the site owners, sponsors, administrators moderators and members should be afforded the

respect and consideration they deserve regardless of age, sex, ethnic background and fishing experience or fishing competency.

This is where other forum sites frequently fall short and end up being a vehicle for a select few to bolster their own egos by ridiculing those less experienced, less successful, the wrong ethic group or the wrong sex.

While I have not been on the receiving end of this I have certainly seen plenty of this on other forums and as the father of three girls and a teenage boy the Fishraider site is the only forum I have ever felt 100% comfortable letting them view.

In my view this is not just a forum, it is a living example of how interaction and communication should be and a great example for my kids to watch in action.

And, of course the fishing experience here is second to none.

Thanks Fishraider

Edited by fragmeister

Whats not to like!

Fishraider defines what a forum community should be all about.

Those who take the time to provide and contribute to a resource like this such as the site owners, sponsors, administrators moderators and members should be afforded the

respect and consideration they deserve regardless of age, sex, ethnic background and fishing experience or fishing competency.

This is where other forum sites frequently fall short and end up being a vehicle for a select few to bolster their own egos by ridiculing those less experienced, less successful, the wrong ethic group or the wrong sex.

While I have not been on the receiving end of this I have certainly seen plenty of this on other forums and as the father of three girls and a teenage boy the Fishraider site is the only forum I have ever felt 100% comfortable letting them view.

In my view this is not just a forum, it is a living example of how interaction and communication should be and a great example for my kids to watch in action.

And, of course the fishing experience here is second to none.

Thanks Fishraider

Thank you very much for the comments Jim. We try very hard to keep this a happy and safe place for all to come including women and young folk. The fact that you feel comfortable as a parent to let your kids view fishraider makes Stewy and I very happy.

There are plenty of other forums for the "others" and we get rid of them quickly and swiftly :) with the help of our moderators and members.