What do you like about fishraider?

mrsswordfisherman

Thanks everyone for this feedback. It affirms we are doing the right thing :)

Here is a cut and paste from a comment by JaniFin a member and now friend of ours.

What Fishraider membership mean to you?

I tell, so shortly what i can, what it mean to me.

To me, be one part of this forum, it mean Fu#¤ing lot. I cant explain it, but here i can askin stupid questions many times, and allways someone answer me. This forum have been helped me write better english, even it is still quite cra.....bad ;) . I dont know did i ever visit Australia with out this forum..maby not. Did i never fishing in Australia with out this forum...i dont think so. Did i never access aussie culture, peoples or lifestyle with out this forum..i am sure that answer is no. I have meet some fishraiders live, and i have meet many of members here, like "virtual friendship". This forum is clear, well organized, many active writers and nice fishing reports. I dont spend so mutch time even any finnish fishingforums that here.

I AM PROUD, that i am member of FISHRAIDER, and i am GRATEFUL for site owners, and every members that you took me a member, even i am not aussie.

Next year come 10 years that i have been member. :sun:

I come soon again..and i afraid that again one part of my heart stay there. :au:

Jani

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

What do I like about fishraider? Well for starters it has helped to improve my fishing. As someone whose immediate family don't fish (working on it haha! :1sweatdrop: ) it's great to be able to get advice when my extended family isn't around. Also I enjoy the wide variety of fishing that goes on in this forum. Always nice to be able to read about the guy who blanked, the one with 400 5cm redfin and the raider who caught a record marlin all on the same day!

But most of all, none of that would be possible without the people who run and regularly contribute to the site, so thanks to all of them!

• 4 weeks later...

What do I like about fishraider? Well for starters it has helped to improve my fishing. As someone whose immediate family don't fish (working on it haha! :1sweatdrop: ) it's great to be able to get advice when my extended family isn't around. Also I enjoy the wide variety of fishing that goes on in this forum. Always nice to be able to read about the guy who blanked, the one with 400 5cm redfin and the raider who caught a record marlin all on the same day!

But most of all, none of that would be possible without the people who run and regularly contribute to the site, so thanks to all of them!

Thanks Ivo we look forward to providing anglers with a great community of like minded people.

More to come soon with our upgrade to be fully mobile :)

• 1 month later...

Fishraider is an anglers home,

May fishermen never be alone,

When you give tips to all of us ,

We get enough fish to fill a car,

We fish forever and ever we fish,

Our wish is always to fill the dish,

We always see the hooked fish comin',

Hopefully we'll get some Marlin,

Fishraider contains everything,

That a fisherman could ever dream.

Thanks, by amberjack :D Fish On!

• Like 1

Guest Guest123456789
1 hour ago, amberjack said:

Fishraider is an anglers home,

May fishermen never be alone,

When you give tips to all of us ,

We get enough fish to fill a car,

We fish forever and ever we fish,

Our wish is always to fill the dish,

We always see the hooked fish comin',

Hopefully we'll get some Marlin,

Fishraider contains everything,

That a fisherman could ever dream.

Thanks, by amberjack :D Fish On!

Nice poem you've penned there amberjack

An artist amongst us all

You seem quite inclined for fishy snacks

So here's a recipe I offer as reward

On the BBQ you should cook this dish

Baking paper, with this you begin

Sliced lemon lay flat then on top the fish

Do make sure to first fillet and skin

Next a garnish of herbs and sliced vegetables of your choice 

Quite a meal to this point contrived

Finish with the last ingredient to keep your food moist

Tablespoon of butter, mmm, right now I'm inspired

Tightly wrap,then fry on your plate or grill

Hot lemon and butter, what a collaboration 

Unwrap, remove lemon and then a beer you must swill

Put on plate, call the family and begin celebration!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Old thread but one thing I have noticed about this forum is the lack of trolls, minimal know it alls and no disrespect to each other. I find the information shared is useful, everyone focuses on the core topic and there is always a valued audience for each thread. I am not a full time user but every time I do use this forum I always find a positive light to the best sport on the planet.

Edited by JA1990
Spelling
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, JA1990 said:

Old thread but one thing I have noticed about this forum is the lack of trolls, minimal know it alls and no disrespect to each other. I find the information shared is useful, everyone focuses on the core topic and there is always a valued audience for each thread. I am not a full time user but every time I do use this forum I always find a positive light to the best sport on the planet.

Thanks for that comment JA. Members here are respectful and the forum runs well due to the great moderating team we have always had.  Glad you are happy here with us ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Solid effort on the site!

The friendly vibe and active administrators make it second to none! Also the Raiders fish status with the rankings and badges for record holders is a sweet touch! The design and ability to post in specific areas is great and websites really easy too navigate .

Cheers Raiders! Tight Lines!

• Like 1

hey cjay..since being on raider I have not only chatted with other raiders onsite but met some really great people.have fished with big neil and met up with others on water..hopefully soon to fish with and meet more raiders...I have been and still am on other sites but I always turn on raider first..the information and good will is above any site I have been involved with..any bad eggs are dropped in the bin..there is good humour and laughs amongst members  and..there is a lot of people constantly learning from others  myself included...good to see you are reading thru all aspects of topics and hope you have a great experience being a raider...rick

• Like 4

Hey Rick..I have actually left most of the other fishing forums around here due to lack of spirit and  troll commentators/competitive know it alls  who think their way is the only way jargon, I find this site actually has it all!

Unfortunately im quite far from Sydney but would travel there in a heartbeat to arrange a trip with fellow Raiders! I usually fish solo which can be a bit sketchy sometimes when offshore alone or on the stones at night but sharing the experience is what its all about! After all everybody has heard  ''it was this big but i dropped it at the boat'' so its nice to have a backup Raider ;)

Happy Fishing! Hopefully this rain will turn the breakwalls on,  the bar here is practically impossible!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CJay said:

Hey guys! Solid effort on the site!

The friendly vibe and active administrators make it second to none! Also the Raiders fish status with the rankings and badges for record holders is a sweet touch! The design and ability to post in specific areas is great and websites really easy too navigate .

Cheers Raiders! Tight Lines!

Thank you so much for the comments CJay. Everyone seems to love their badges. We started that a long time ago and I used a really old badge making program. There are much better ways to do badges and awards but it would be a big job to recreate. Keep enjoying the site, lots more coming up in the future. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, CJay said:

Hey Rick..I have actually left most of the other fishing forums around here due to lack of spirit and  troll commentators/competitive know it alls  who think their way is the only way jargon, I find this site actually has it all!

Unfortunately im quite far from Sydney but would travel there in a heartbeat to arrange a trip with fellow Raiders! I usually fish solo which can be a bit sketchy sometimes when offshore alone or on the stones at night but sharing the experience is what its all about! After all everybody has heard  ''it was this big but i dropped it at the boat'' so its nice to have a backup Raider ;)

Happy Fishing! Hopefully this rain will turn the breakwalls on,  the bar here is practically impossible!

CJay we seem to have survived most of the other fishing forums and those that are left are mere shells of what they were. We just keep using the tried and tested methods of ensuring a happy place for all men, women and young folk to share fishing experiences. To do this we quickly weed out troublemakers, have great a moderating team and fabulous members from all walks of life. Everyone can be proud to say they are a fishraider ;)

• Like 3

Hey Donna.. Thats great the old programmes still do their job and im a big fan of 'if it works dont fix it!' The trouble makers must keep you busy! Ive found there are alot of negative and unnecessary comments on other sites regarding Pbs of peoples fish and methods. These forums are meant to be a place to inspire and learn not for haters! :)

An epic idea could be to incorporate some sort or swap and sell model for fishing tackle and/or boat accessories that people no longer want/use  to pass onto a fellow Raider

Tight Lines

6 minutes ago, CJay said:

Hey Donna.. Thats great the old programmes still do their job and im a big fan of 'if it works dont fix it!' The trouble makers must keep you busy! Ive found there are alot of negative and unnecessary comments on other sites regarding Pbs of peoples fish and methods. These forums are meant to be a place to inspire and learn not for haters! :)

An epic idea could be to incorporate some sort or swap and sell model for fishing tackle and/or boat accessories that people no longer want/use  to pass onto a fellow Raider

Tight Lines

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/forum/15-swap-sell/

Try this one - we have Swap and Sell CJay 

B68B1B55-61F9-416C-8C28-05064CA75FA4.jpeg

haha my bad of course you had it covered! Have you guys ever had a large scale Raiders meeting? It would be epic to bring some Raiders together and get stuck into those Kingies down your way!

5 hours ago, CJay said:

haha my bad of course you had it covered! Have you guys ever had a large scale Raiders meeting? It would be epic to bring some Raiders together and get stuck into those Kingies down your way!

We have soft plastic instruction days sometimes. I'm still blaming the one  I went to for getting me hooked on them!!