Freshwater Fishing - Bass

aeb870

Hey Raiders,

I will repost this again because I think my original post didn't go through as a result of the site going down.

Over Christmas I was visiting my brother in Melbourne and we decided to head out for some freshwater fishing. It was my first real attempt and I was hooked, over the 2 days I spent fishing we caught a mixed bag of redfin, roach and carp so nothing really special but the carp are a decent fight on light gear.

I am now back in Shellharbour and I was told that most people chase the Australian Bass in this area. I have always saltwater fished so my knowledge of freshwater is very limited so if someone could assist me in telling me where to fish (freshwater) around the Wollongong area as well as some advice on targetting bass that would be great. I live in Shellharbour and work daily in Sydney so travelling really isn't an issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi mate, The upper shoalhaven river and tallowa dam are great bass fisheries. A kayak is preferred if you want to get amongst the more productive areas. Get out there and explore the upper reaches of any river that flows east. searching new water is half the fun.(google earth is great for spotting potential bass spots)

cheers

Robbo

Hi mate, The upper shoalhaven river and tallowa dam are great bass fisheries. A kayak is preferred if you want to get amongst the more productive areas. Get out there and explore the upper reaches of any river that flows east. searching new water is half the fun.(google earth is great for spotting potential bass spots)

cheers

Robbo

100% true im heading down early feb to smash some bass theres a few other places on the south coast just gotta look on google maps

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Top end of the Shoalhaven would be your best bet.

If you stay at Gradys caravan park you can lauch there otherwise you can get access at Burrier pumping Station.

Check the colour of the water, it may be too coloured after the recent rains but 2 weeks without rain it will be fine.

Danjera Dam is another boating location but no powered boats. Fish are genarally small but plenty of them and Fiesty

Good Luck,

Geoff