Fishing companion with tow vehicle?

5dave

Hello Fishriaders,

Would anyone who can supply a tow vehicle, like to come and join me for a days fishing on a regular basis? I mainly intend to fish any of the three rivers in the Sydney region, those being the Georges, Parramatta, and Hawkesbury rivers. I have a small fibreglass boat, 4.2m in length, which legally holds 4 people, but it is better suited for fishing 2 or 3 people. The combined weight of the boat and trailer is about 670-680Kg. It would be ideal if you had a six cylinder (or minimum 3.0L) automatic car. If you also have a boat licence that would be a bonus as it's always handy to have a second operater onboard.

I fish with lures in calm waters for fish such as bream and flathead, and I am always trying for a jewfish or a kingfish (fingers crossed). I am also hoping to successfully target Aust. bass and estury perch in the upper reaches of the Georges and Hawkesbury rivers this year.

Thank you for reading and I hope to hear from you soon.

David.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David,

I thought you would have had a few replies so I am surprised you didn`t. I live just down the road at Hurlstone Park and have a toyota Van.

I am interested in your offer. I am a 60yo dude who has fished all his life and had a good knowledge of where you wish to fish.

Not crash hot with lures but have a shop full.

If interested give me a call and we will work something out.

John

Hi John,

Yes I thought I would have too. I did get one reply via PM. We actually met up today. Raider ID: "valk", drove to my place early this morning and we towed my boat to Picnic Point for a mornings fishing in the Georges. The fishing was slow with only one throw back whiting. Despite that, valk and I enjoyed our morning, and each fruitess fishing trip brings you closer to a successful one. (Thank you for today valk, I look forward to joining you for many more fishing trips).

Yes John, I would be very interested in joining you for fishing. I will give you a PM to exchange details.

I decided to put this notice up, as I haven't had a car for over two years now, since my last car was written off. I never replaced the car, and for the two years following the loss of my car I didn't have access to my boat either. So up until about a month ago I had not been fishing for over two years :1badmood:. But I like seeing the positive side of things, particularly when it comes to fishing. Now that my boat and I are back in action, I have been looking for options to get to the water. I tried using some hire vehicles recently. They did the job, but their road worthiness was questionable, and the cost adds up. Soon after this, I thought about the idea of collaborating with fellow fishraiders to share what we have. I think I am on to a winner with this idea. I highly recommend that raiders who are in similar situations, consider doing the same. Some of the benefits include: economically and environmentally sustainable; learn and impart new fishing skills and knowledge; make new friends/ fishing friends.

Thank you for taking up my offer. I will talk with you soon.

David.