Bare island / la perouse

CDVDEAN

Hey raiders

Last month or so I have been doing a lot of squiding, mainly for bait.. But since the freezer is now full with mainly arrows, I decided to chase some big green eyes for a nice feed..

I have plenty of jigs (size 1.8 - 3.0)

I've been out to bare island last couple of trips with the wife and hooked up to only one decent size greeny.. I have lost quiet a few jigs down there.. We start at the mainland side of bare island and make our way along the rocks all the way up to Larpa.. Quiet a lot of snags and can't seem to find a decent spot.. I've done PLENTY of research on squiding so I think I know what I'm doing but any input would be great.. (Only if your willing to give it up) I really really want to catch a few big calamari for the table so any info would be MUCH appreciated.. I'm also looking for a small run about to get out on the water so if anyone has anything sitting around that's ready for the water and willing to sell it, please let me know.. HANGING to chase those kings that have started to come in to the bays..

Hope the fish have been biting!!

Dean.

Hey raiders

Last month or so I have been doing a lot of squiding, mainly for bait.. But since the freezer is now full with mainly arrows, I decided to chase some big green eyes for a nice feed..

I have plenty of jigs (size 1.8 - 3.0)

I've been out to bare island last couple of trips with the wife and hooked up to only one decent size greeny.. I have lost quiet a few jigs down there.. We start at the mainland side of bare island and make our way along the rocks all the way up to Larpa.. Quiet a lot of snags and can't seem to find a decent spot.. I've done PLENTY of research on squiding so I think I know what I'm doing but any input would be great.. (Only if your willing to give it up) I really really want to catch a few big calamari for the table so any info would be MUCH appreciated.. I'm also looking for a small run about to get out on the water so if anyone has anything sitting around that's ready for the water and willing to sell it, please let me know.. HANGING to chase those kings that have started to come in to the bays..

Hope the fish have been biting!!

Dean.

Don't be afraid to use slightly heavier line to minimise the lost jig count. Otherwise it will become a very expensive day out.