The Blues are here!

exhail

Went wide yesterday off Sydney to find the hot current and what ever was cruising down it. Found it about 35nm east of botany and around 25.5C. As soon as we got there saw a good size blue or black free jumping and also a heap of dolphins. Trolled around the area for a couple of hours looking for a good edge as it was a bit patchy and found it just south of Heatons. Trolled north on the hot clean side and got a good take on the long corner. Had a nice blue of 150kg after an hour battle on 24kg. Popped the leader as we were putting a bill rope on him so only a couple of poor deep photos next to the boat.

The waters great out there, good edge with heaps of weed and junk in it. Hooked an old rose bush as we got to close at one point. Goes from about 22 to 25.5 degrees. Current is raging south, gps said we were only doing 5knts but the lures were going very hard.

Cheers

Joel

Trophic 6

Ha ha, all good Secho, it's one of my mates being a smart ass.

In regards to your pic, I also checked out the first temp change you can see in closer where it went from around 20 up to 22. There were heaps of sauries schooled up but nothing chasing them. They were only spooking when the boat was close, trolled around them for half an hour but no action.

Ha ha, all good Secho, it's one of my mates being a smart ass. In regards to your pic, I also checked out the first temp change you can see in closer where it went from around 20 up to 22. There were heaps of sauries schooled up but nothing chasing them. They were only spooking when the boat was close, trolled around them for half an hour but no action.

We were out sharking on Tuesday - heaps of sauries then too - mostly about the 140.. lots of dolphins and juvie dollies too - Heatons looks sensational on the charts eh.