NEW MOTOR and hpoefully better catches starting with a nice flathead

Basil D

HI All, went out to the harbour to break in my new 80 hp four stroke fuel injected yamaha motor and for a bash, got two squid and down riiged them, one got demolished by pickers and then got dusted at one of the markers, found it hard to get yellow tail today so went outside for a bottom bash and come up with a few flathead including this big girl.

Man Im so glad I got a new motor done 26/30km for 10 litres of fuel :yahoo:

It got up and went very nicely indeed, plained without effort and got a top speed of 50km and it has have a little more but wasnt game enough to give it everything till Ive done ten hours.

post-8352-0-81791900-1360388747_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-96240200-1360388820_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

Awsome just Awsome.

Now that you have more free time on your hands not fixing an old donk You should definately fit in more trips to new places SYDNEY HARBOUR maybe WOOLONGONG hint WOOLONGONG.

Congratulations on the re power looks beaut can,t wait to get on the water for a spin with you soon.

Chris.

Hi

The flathead outside are always a good fallback for a feed, especially that big one.

I'm looking at replacing my motor later this year, ( big expense before I retire, just got a new trailer) wondered what the old motor was and what speed you got from it. Í currently have a 115 2/st which takes me up over 75 km/hr.

Thanks Bruce

Hi

The flathead outside are always a good fallback for a feed, especially that big one.

I'm looking at replacing my motor later this year, ( big expense before I retire, just got a new trailer) wondered what the old motor was and what speed you got from it. Í currently have a 115 2/st which takes me up over 75 km/hr.

Thanks Bruce

Hi Bruce, I got about the same speed out my 90hp two stroke evinrude, these new 4 four strokes have a lot of go in them and decided I only need an 80hp, I wont go much faster than 30km in a chop as you get thrown around and the 80, 90 and 100 series from yamaha are all 1.6 litre engines.

I checked the Yahama web site on there motors and this 80hp push a twin webster with 1200kg nicely at 54.8km an hour, my whole package would be under 1000kg.

After advice from mates, Chris (pongrass) and Bent stick Silvio I decided it was a Yamaha, they also have a nice 2.33.1 gear ratio to get up out a hole nicley.

If you have the cash the suzuki have a 2.59.1 gear ratio, Both motors where my choice after asking hundreds of questions from many friends, forums and fishing clubs.

Mind you all engines have there plus's

Awsome just Awsome.

Now that you have more free time on your hands not fixing an old donk You should definately fit in more trips to new places SYDNEY HARBOUR maybe WOOLONGONG hint WOOLONGONG.

Congratulations on the re power looks beaut can,t wait to get on the water for a spin with you soon.

Chris.

No need for hints were going :yahoo:

Nice fish Groper and congrats on the new purchase. From what i've heard (or havent heard) they are extremely quiet aswell.

You should have no problem sneaking up on those spooky species.

All the best mate

you are right they are quite, my brother was with me and when I started it he said did you start the motor, I said yes, its awsome ay, he said why is it so quite :)

Hi Kingfish if you don't mind me asking how big is your boat, I have a 16 foot 6 Cruise Craft reef Raider and I need a new motor, was tossing on Power from a 100Hp to 115Hp but see that your boat looks similar size.

Thanks - Blairy

Hi Blairy here a test by yamaha done on a cruiseCraft 4.85 with a 70hp but I def would go the 80hp CruiseCraft 4.85 Explorer with F70AETL

here is the link for an 80hp Webster Twinfisher 4.9M with F80 tested with 1200kg total weight.

My boat is 5.06 cruise craft weight with motor 3 people and total weight of 1000kg and Im powering through the water without any problems I wouldnt go more than 80/90 on your but if you want 115 nothing wrong with that.

Oh yeah l found the 80hp takes off as good as my ood 90 and top speed is same. I loose a little mid range but gaing heaps on fuel economy. The suzuki was 13800 l got the yami for much less:)

Edited by Groper