Basic question re: Reels

Kirst1583

I work at a place that has these cases so can't really tell you a price. If you want one like mine you can get one at an electrical wholesaler like TLE John r Turk etc, or do a search online for a slr case, pelican case comes to mind.

Basically it's a case with foam inserts that can be removed to fit your needs. You can get them in either shock proof plastic or aluminium, I prefer the plastic for my reels, no worry in regards to rust. They are usually waterproof, mine is, so once I get a kayak it will come along so I can switch in and out when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it matter if you use heavier braid than what the reel specs say? I gather you just can't fit as much on?

I only ask as I've got some 10lb powerpro in the mail (as that's what I was using on my other reel)... But now I'm researching stradics etc it seems I only need 5-8lb :(

Does it matter if you use heavier braid than what the reel specs say? I gather you just can't fit as much on? I only ask as I've got some 10lb powerpro in the mail (as that's what I was using on my other reel)... But now I'm researching stradics etc it seems I only need 5-8lb :(

I got a few mates who bought the 2500FJ after trying mine and one has 20lb braid and the other has 12lb braid which they use on the boat. I got 6lb braid with a 6lb leader which i use from the shore

Does it matter if you use heavier braid than what the reel specs say? I gather you just can't fit as much on? I only ask as I've got some 10lb powerpro in the mail (as that's what I was using on my other reel)... But now I'm researching stradics etc it seems I only need 5-8lb :(

I got a few mates who bought the 2500FJ after trying mine and one has 20lb braid and the other has 12lb braid which they use on the boat. I got 6lb braid with a 6lb leader which i use from the shore

Oh good. Just didn't want it to end up being wasted! Thanks ;)

Lung fai,

Where abouts can I get a reel case like this? And if you don't mind me asking, how much would one set me back?

Wouldn't mind getting one for my Stella's!

Cheers,

Matt

They can an be found for around $40; google search Plano 1404 reel case and you should be able to find some online stores in Australia.