Have boat, will fish

mulcahya

Hi Raiders,

Just copied my post in from another forum area to get more coverage......

I've been fishing regularly for a couple of years now after a layoff for too many years and am not having the sort of success I'd like. We sometimes catch the usual suspects (leather jackets, flatties, bream, whiting, salmon, taylor, gars, and millions of pinky snapper :thumbdown: ) and have even gotten good at catching yakkas, and the odd slimey mackerel. Unfortunately I haven't managed to bag squid, JD's, kingies, adult snapper, tuna, or the elusive jewfish......all of which are on the bucket list big time!

We have a reasonable set of gear and fish with a combination of bait, SP's and lures, depending on the situation. We generally keep what we catch, but stick to the legal sizes. I do however throw back large breaders. We fish weekends when the weather is cooperative.

I fish out of a 5.5m Savage Surveyor (cuddy) and like to frequent Middle/Sydney Harbour, Pittwater/HBR, and will even make the trip to Botany Bay or the Hacking if need be. I live on the Northern Beaches so the first 2 options are the most practical. I rarely venture off-shore because I'm not keen on being in a washing machine :puke: (even though the boat is more than capable) but it's not worth the risk taking my son out there alone. He's a 7 y/o and a champion little fisher who loves catching anything, but I wouldn't want to have an issue out in the big blue alone with him.

It would be great to meet some other dad's who would be willing and, more importantly, able to help improve our success rate by pulling in more of the usual suspects, and the bucket list items. It would also be good if they couldbring their kid out if they are equally passionate about fishing and can handle (read: behave) themselves on a boat, just like my son. Sharing costs and assisting with setup/tear down/cleaning would help reduce the load from me enormously and would be really appreciated.

Send me a PM if you're boatless, a good fisher willing to impact knowledge, with child.....and keen to get out there and enjoy our great waterways and wildlife in Sydney.

• 4 months later...