Port hacking help

whitewash

hey guys,

Ive been flicking lures around for the last 6months and I'm hooked....

but I've been getting out a fair bit lately and coming up with nothing but big fat 0's.

at times i can see the fish so i use different lures, different colours, different retrieves and get nothing.

what i am after is where do you go in the area using what tactics to get results.

My usual spots are lilli pill, gunnamutta bay, and greys point.

If you can help with these locations/tides/times of day/ tactics I would be very appreciative.

I'm based out of cronulla so any spots within 30mins I will give a shot.

I'm chasing your bread and butter species but will target anything in the area.

I'm land bassed

cheers,

• 1 year later...

I know the feeling mate. I've been doing the lure thing in the hacking myself over summer and have to say, its nowhere near productive as it once was. I used to clean up down there. I have no idea why. It could be me, it could be wind, tide , weather, water quality, the list goes on. When I do succeed on lures, its been on small hardbody shallow divers, fished in water less than 3 feet deep, and always over light weed or directly adjacent too it. In deeper water, and by deeper I'm talking 8 to 12 feet, the good old fashioned chrome wonder wobbler worked a treat - - - if the fish are there !

Other than that, apart from this summer, I have previously had success using Allen's snakes. That's the Allen's snakes ( lollies ) commonly bought in Woolies or the local servo. Yep, I can hear you laughing. I was too, until I watched a Forster local pull Flatties with reasonable frequency from under the Forster Tuncurry bridge with them about 10 years ago. I now always have a pack of them in the boat as a ' backup '. No fancy braided lines or other " marketed " products either. Simple 6lb mono. Yep, I lose a few, but since going light, I tend to get more hook-ups than I used too. The two sons, ( teens ) , stuff around throwing poppers in water 1 foot deep, and so far, they are the ones that have the best success. Biggest flattie and biggest whiting were caught in water no more than 12 inches deep, on a weekday, with no boating traffic by a kid not even looking to where he was casting..................

I fish pretty simple, don't spend a fortune on lures etc. Most are bought from Big W or K mart. No big name brands here ! The only lures bought from a tackle store were the squid jigs. The way I figure it, the manufacturers / retail outlets can put all the marketing money into they want, it doesn't necessarily make it a better product than the $7.00 lure bought from Big W. After all, the wheel was invented over a century ago, and they still make them round today, in the same way I fish like my grandfathers did before me. Simple !

Cheers

Wazza

mate go down to tawra flats kurrnell side and wade the flats if you cant get a flatty or bream there your doing something wrong fish light jigs and light line.port hacking is a hard place to fish landbased

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2