SERVER UPGRADE

Hi All Members,

You will have noticed that there has been some outages and slowness with fishraider.

We are pleased to announce that we are doing server upgrading that will resolve a lot of issues as well as make your experience on fishraider a lot faster.

Please be aware that there may be disruptions and some time that we have to close temporarily. We hope to complete the work over the next 2 weeks.

Watch this post for further info and thanks for your patience. You may send us email at anytime to fishraider@iinet.net.au

Donna and Stewy and webmaster

Hi all

just a quick update we have carried out the first stage of the server upgrade and it is very impressive, there will be some more outages as we keep testing and migrating data to the new hardware.

We will keep following up with more updates as we move forward more and then set the date for the migration to new hardware.

Webmaster

Hi Admins and Webmaster,

If you guys ever run into any roadblocks or issues and need a helping hand or perhaps advise, feel free to PM or shoot me an email (Donna has my gmail address). I have extensive experience in these areas (servers\clusters,DBA) and will be more than willing to assist in any way possible.

Cheers,

dave.

Hi Admins and Webmaster,

If you guys ever run into any roadblocks or issues and need a helping hand or perhaps advise, feel free to PM or shoot me an email (Donna has my gmail address). I have extensive experience in these areas (servers\clusters,DBA) and will be more than willing to assist in any way possible.

Cheers,

dave.

Thanks Dave very much and I do have your details :)

Hi All

the new solution is coming along very well. the speed of the new system is amazing just a little incite to the new solution it will be using all SSD drive cluster. with our tests so far with the SSD cluster bursting to 4000IOPS with still a heap in reserve, it was only loading up 1000 users at the same time so this new solution is so quick compared to now.

Also at the same time of the move to the new system we will also be rolling out a couple of upgrades to the forum system.

So the plan for next weekend is that the site will be offline from Saturday early morning till sometime either late Saturday night or Sunday morning.

that is only half of the solution what is behind the server that is the beast, we can scale up to 12 cores and 128gig ram if we need to at anytime and within 3min of us needing it all with a flick of a button online.

Very excited about that, webmaster!!! Fishraider is not only the best fishing website in Australia it will now be the fastest and technologically up to date.

Only the best for our members and our community and thanks to our sponsors past and present that we can provide this service.

Thanks webmaster for your magnificent work! I just have to learn a few more admin panels now :)

Hi all fishraider's

ok well this a notice about fishraider and this coming weekend.

1. Starting early Saturday morning Fishraider will be turned offline while we make some backups.

2. The site will stay offline while we make the server move to our new data center.

3. The site will stay offline until we are happy that the move has been completed and all the upgrades to the forum have also taken place.

4. We hope that the site will be back online late Saturday night or early Sunday morning.

If you go onto the site late Saturday night or early Sunday morning and you still see the site offline please try and clear our cookies and cache and the site should come back online.

Hi All

ok we will need to turn the site off late tonight as the backup will take about 3 hours to backup the whole server before the move so sometime late tonight we will turn the site of so we can make this important backup before the morning, we worked out that it will take to long if we wait till the morning to ensure the backup has run ok just in case we need to run it again.