Any fresh water near moorebank sydney?

lukelee

Mate i've seen some large carp in cabramatta creek, its quite deep in there and the water runs slow, so seems like a good place to start? Never caught any, as im usually fishing with lures.

You might get the odd one, but not sure if they are there in numbers.

Mate i've seen some large carp in cabramatta creek, its quite deep in there and the water runs slow, so seems like a good place to start? Never caught any, as im usually fishing with lures.

If you saw some carp it means there are a bazillion in there....bloody pests :)

Thanks Mike: I will go for a try. Btw, worms in my worm bin are good bait?

• 2 months later...

upper georges river from liverpool to campbelltown is my haunt. stacks of massive carp there... bread for bait is best. i use chook pelets for berley. I refuse to spend up big on bait for them.

Edited by ving

Years ago, we used to fish the causeway underneath the Liverpool bridge, after heavy rain whilst the floods are running. Carp and Bass would go over, then sit close trying to get back to the fresh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

none of the ponds are allowed to be fished in the campbelltown area. council hands out fines... however once a year council organises a catch a carp competition in one of its many lakes. this year it was eagle vale. stacks of fish were caught, the largest was about 64cm if i remember correctly. this was back in april.

Man you guys make carp sound so easy to find and catch. I went out today tried the upper reaches of parramatta river for donuts. If carp are there in plagues, where were they today lol. I saw one kick its tail up on the other side of the shore and that was it. I really wanna get into them. I read that there are a crap ton in centennial park. Quick google search suggests you can't fish that pond there and if you want to, its gonna cost you $750 to do it legally. What the hell. They want to get rid of these fish. On the website it says carp are pests, ruining the environment, killing off native fish, we need them gone, then on the next line ILLEGAL TO FISH UNLESS YOU PAY $750 of your own money to clean OUR water ways. Damnit if you want me to get rid of the fish for you, don't charge me $750. Kiss my ass, for $750 the carp can live and thrive there for all I care.

• 6 months later...
Guest Aussie007

been a long time but as a kid i use to catch carp on orange grove road at liverpool behind the mega center and across the road behind the petrol station on the old orange grove road golf course, u need to be careful of red belly black snakes, back as a kid we caught some whoppers around 70cm

for the eels u can try many creeks, anywhere along orphan school creek, endeavour sports reserve at canley heights use to have a nice spot of deep water, eels right along that whole system