Lake Lyell Bass

post-22055-0-44336100-1368081481_thumb.jpgHaving the day off work I decided to go over the mountain for an early morning trout fish at Lake Lyell. I was only there about 15 minutes when this nice bass at around 39cm had a go at my min min in brown trout colour. Unfortunately there were no trout who wanted my lures even though I saw a couple feeding on the surface in the middle of the lake. I ended up staying for a few more hours but didn't even have so much as a follow. It was a little disappointing on the trout front but who can argue with a bass that size? All in all it was a nice relaxing day by the lake. :)

Edited by Jew Stalker

Good work Mate, shame about the Trout.

Thanks bud, I thought the same thing but there is always next time. I think I may hit TCD next time even though I have never had much luck there. I have seen some crackers come out but never on my line. Although what I see from others always gets my attention. Especially some of yours.

Quality bass mate, any around that 40cm go hard! i wouldnt be too disappointed on the trout with a fish like that (then again i am a little biased towards bass)

Edited by bassboy888

Great fish mate I'll be taking the "flickinlures" boat up there next Friday / Sat fishing the Sea bees Tournament it'll be her 1st trip in the 7 yrs i had her fishing fresh water and i'll be on the look out for that big fish's brother can't wait , any secret spots you wanna PM would be helpful.

cheers Mark

Guest hawkesbass

Good bass there is some big soccerball sized bass up there will have too catch up for a fish up the mountains again soon with royce

Quality bass mate, any around that 40cm go hard! i wouldnt be too disappointed on the trout with a fish like that (then again i am a little biased towards bass)

Ya I was pretty stoked with the effort he put up. Big bass are alot of fun. :) There is plenty of time for more trout.

Great fish mate I'll be taking the "flickinlures" boat up there next Friday / Sat fishing the Sea bees Tournament it'll be her 1st trip in the 7 yrs i had her fishing fresh water and i'll be on the look out for that big fish's brother can't wait , any secret spots you wanna PM would be helpful.

cheers Mark

Keep an eye on your inbox, I will give you a few details when I get back on the puter when I get home (just have to go do a few things with the girl)

Good bass there is some big soccerball sized bass up there will have too catch up for a fish up the mountains again soon with royce

I had heard that Trev, if that one I caught was any indication I can't wait to get onto some more. Also I would love to come and have a fish with you guys again. You were both good company.

Nice work mate. A day off work and a cracking bass. That's a good day. Unlucky on the trout though.

I would have to agree on that. :)

top bass dave, where was my invite,we will have to plan a trip to tcd,

ps nice outfit:)

Cheers bud, it was a Thursday, I figured you had to work. A trip to TCD is definitely on the cards. Give me a yell when you have a free day from work and the family and we will give it a go.

The rod is my new one I bought down at Merimbula from one of the guys that works in the shop. It was his own personal rod and he was getting rid of it because he wasn't using it as much as his other rods and it was exactly what I was looking for. Even better because I knew him quite well he sold it to me for $100. Cant argue with that, it was practically brand new and worth around $240 in the shops. The bass was a great way to test it out. ;)