The LAKES just keep surprising us

Decided at the last minute to accompany Nat (Nathan) on another quest to catch the elusive mulloway from Chippo Lakes which has thus far eluded me and it seemed as it was my curse..BUT NOT TODAY :banana: the monkey has finally been kicked right in the butt.

We started off in the dark after Nathan had just finished long night shift and whilst not cold it was brisk enough when travelling in the early hours and about 4 or 5 minutes into our trip ,BAM we hit some old bread crate which gave us both a wake up :1sweatdrop:

We tried a spot which had thus far turned up bugger all for me in dozens of trips and so it was again today ,so off to play with the bream and Eps that have been around in very good numbers and they didn't disappoint us with a great run of top perch all above the mid thirties and some nice plus 30is bream...they are just great fun on light gear and I never ever tire of these top little scrappers.The day was getting on and we made our way back to the ramp and decided to try one last spot and what a great decision it turned out to be with both Nathan and myself scoring a couple of beaut little jewies on our light rods.

post-256-0-57487100-1369209151_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-91623600-1369208955_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-07957900-1369208958_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-61918800-1369208959_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-02920100-1369208961_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-51767200-1369208962_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-14181600-1369208964_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-25804300-1369208966_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-11756100-1369208969_thumb.jpg

post-256-0-97763200-1369208971_thumb.jpg

I don't care how many times you hook school jewies on any gear they always make you feel warm and fuzzy inside with their first take and run :yahoo: I took a small video of Nathan releasing his mulloway and will post it later on.

And the release......

Thanks for a top day out Nathan and I hope we can do this a lot more in the months and years to come.

Regards Stewy

Well done boyzzzz!!

That looks like a great day with some excellent E.P's & bream.

The schoolies are just the icing on the cake.

Stewy, it doesn't look like you're in your tupperware container boat!?

Looks like Nat is a top skipper to put you onto those fish.

Great stuff fellas.

Cheers,

Grant.

top day stewy. freakn tired though!! still havent slept. looking forward to harassing some more ep's real soon.. I will one day some how manage to out fish you I promise!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh an astute fisho...yes indeedy its a blood python and probably one of the best 1 to 3 kilo stiks I have ever used and I bought two a few years ago and many have tried it and wanted to buy it and they just aint for sale

Nice, mines teamed up with the rarenium reel. beautiful!

well done stewy on breaking your chippo jew hoodoo mate.some nice bream and eps too.i also landed 2 mid 60s schoolies yesty arvo just as it startd to run back in.first was in shallow water with the deephole nearby which went 62cms,the 2nd came as we were walking back to the car and wasthe last shot.i lost my jew sp 1st cast so thought id downsize and try for a bream.1st cast in less than 1m of water the little 70mm wriggler got smacked.thinking it was a flatty cos of the instant short sharp headshakes I was gonna skull drag it in.but the jew was swimming at me and probly didn't know it was hooked.lucky I didn't skull drag it it cos as it got closer in,it took off with a good run and I immediately knew ti was a schoolie,and a nice one at that just shy of the 70cm mark.also landed a mid 40s lizard after the 1stjew.obviously all fish were released healthy and unharmed after a fewhappy snaps.

congrats on ur 1st jew up river stewy and hopefully I can get out with you on your boat asap to target the big 1m+ girls that are around.il pm umy mobile or u can getit off ben.im always available for last minute sessions as im still jobless unfortunately.hope to hearfrom you soon mate.

cheers johnny.

well done stewy on breaking your chippo jew hoodoo mate.some nice bream and eps too.i also landed 2 mid 60s schoolies yesty arvo just as it startd to run back in.first was in shallow water with the deephole nearby which went 62cms,the 2nd came as we were walking back to the car and wasthe last shot.i lost my jew sp 1st cast so thought id downsize and try for a bream.1st cast in less than 1m of water the little 70mm wriggler got smacked.thinking it was a flatty cos of the instant short sharp headshakes I was gonna skull drag it in.but the jew was swimming at me and probly didn't know it was hooked.lucky I didn't skull drag it it cos as it got closer in,it took off with a good run and I immediately knew ti was a schoolie,and a nice one at that just shy of the 70cm mark.also landed a mid 40s lizard after the 1stjew.obviously all fish were released healthy and unharmed after a fewhappy snaps.

congrats on ur 1st jew up river stewy and hopefully I can get out with you on your boat asap to target the big 1m+ girls that are around.il pm umy mobile or u can getit off ben.im always available for last minute sessions as im still jobless unfortunately.hope to hearfrom you soon mate.

cheers johnny.

Nice one Johnny! Sounds like you didn't have to jump into the water

cheers johnny.

at chippo again? I really need to start fishing her considering its near me

at chippo again? I really need to start fishing her considering its near me

Ditto. I live nearby and don't give the Lakes enough of a go. Well done Stewie and Nat. Looks like really good Bream and EPs too. Very jelly ....

Ditto. I live nearby and don't give the Lakes enough of a go. Well done Stewie and Nat. Looks like really good Bream and EPs too. Very jelly ....

I don't give it a go at all

Only go for worms in summer