Cox River after rain?

Gday fellow fishing friends

A quick question if I can.

I was going for my first Trout fishing session on Wednesday driving from the Sutherland Shire to the Cox River, I've got most things sorted in the way of gear and location but am completely clueless as to whether this rain will adversely effect the fish.

So just wondering if anyone has any info in regards to this.

Thanks.

Ill let you all know how I go.

The rain hasn't been too bad up in the mountains, the rain shouldn't have really affected it at all. You should have a great trip. I will probably be hitting it over the weekend too so if you see some guy casting lures into puddles it is probably me. Don't forget to say hi... I promise I wont use you as bait.

Well done the cox's is an amazing river not as marginal trout habitat as the fish or turon as the fish have SAMs to drop in too if the water gets too warm and tou can hit a spawn run if timed right at close or open of the season! Or if your prepared to make the walk and camp in sub zero fish the big runs in the winter below the jenolan it was once said the runs rivalled those of the famous tongariro in the 80's. Well done again and congrats.

Howdy Jew Stalker

Got them on some plastics, small 2 inch prawn imitations that I cut the tail off trying to make it loo like a nymph on a resin head jig.

Its a pretty beautiful river, amazing to think you can catch such awesome fish in such a river system.

You ever fished the Wollondilly Jew Stalker?