HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2013

mrsswordfisherman

HAIRTAIL SOCIAL JULY 26TH TO JULY 28th 2013

THREE DAY EVENT (Friday noon till Sunday noon)
See full details below
Stop Press
The swordies have hired their houseboat, maybe consider getting a group together and hiring one as well

The Social will be held on the waters of the Hawkesbury River (Cowan Creek)

All attendees must sign in with the mothership that will be moored in Jerusalem Bay or Waratah Bay(Cowan Creek) before fishing and be registered as a Fishraider with any guests.

If you intend to fish this social....please post your attendance here.

All safe boating requirements will be adhered to as well as a NSW fishing licence.

N.B this social is not a catered event but some coffee provisions or hot water will be available from time to time onboard the mothership.

More details to follow.

Just to clarify a few things about this years Hairtail :

1) Its FREE!!! All we ask is that you register before you start fishing.

2) The Mothership will be manned and ready from 1PM ( 1300) on Friday until we finish on Sunday Morning.

3) If you catch a Hairtail in the wee small hours of the morning , stick it in the esky , and show us in the morning ( we need our beauty sleep as well !) .

4) Its going to be cold . :frozen: Very bloody cold :frozen: :frozen: , so please carry sufficient dry warm clothing .

5) The Mothership can be contacted on Ch96 , it will be monitored as long as we are awake .

Please try to get your spot early , the usual haunts fill up pretty quickly , and there will be a lot of boats there.

IF ANYONE HAS A SPARE SPOT ON THEIR BOAT PLEASE GRAB A NON- BOATER BY PM AND REPORT TO US

ATTENDEES LIST
swordfisherman & mrsswordfisherman

redback286 and Julie

Scratchie + deckie

mike2153
Reggie & Fiona

Laurie + crew

Deisel and Jew Stalker

Black Dragon
Chimiria

Matt & Matilda Kenny

dhype + 2

Screaming Reel + 1

fishheadbreno + 3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on ya Donna!!

I've still got some very fond memories of our time on the mothership the SS MUC!

It's the social of all socials.

Raiders, if you haven't been to this one before get there. It's always a great time & there are

usually a few silver fanged beasts caught.

I'll try to come down for it.

Cheers,

Grant.

I missed this last year due to living in Merimbula and was howling... I am up in Sydney now and would love to come, just need to hitch a ride with someone.

I have no experience fishing for hairtail, I have only a basic idea how but if someone would be willing to give me a ride and show me the ropes that would be awesome. I am a fast learner however so you will only need to tell me once and I am more than happy to help with expenses.

Luc.

I missed this last year due to living in Merimbula and was howling... I am up in Sydney now and would love to come, just need to hitch a ride with someone.

I have no experience fishing for hairtail, I have only a basic idea how but if someone would be willing to give me a ride and show me the ropes that would be awesome. I am a fast learner however so you will only need to tell me once and I am more than happy to help with expenses.

Luc.

Hey luc,

Get diesel to take you, he's lives fishing for hairtail. I've taken him many times, guided him, baited for him, explained how to strike, i even caught one on his rod, and he is yet to pull one in! Lmfao......... But he still lives going!

Cheers scratchie!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...