HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2013

mrsswordfisherman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scratchie and nbdshroom bagged out wit swordy and Reggie rabbit biggest so far is 1.68

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

We are in Jerusalem bay look for the big houseboat with fishraider flag. We tried to call you.

There fishing with me ATM.

Can you tell Mr Suckworth that the catfish like his squid! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

We are in Jerusalem bay look for the big houseboat with fishraider flag. We tried to call you.

There fishing with me ATM.

Can you tell Mr Suckworth that the catfish like his squid! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hehe that was catfish stink bait you were given :)

Several pics:

On board the mothership during the day

post-25384-0-62846800-1374911108_thumb.jpgpost-25384-0-37199300-1374911036_thumb.jpg

Team Scratchie docked onto mothership

post-25384-0-19628800-1374911061_thumb.jpg

One of our first hairtail

post-25384-0-96455500-1374910946_thumb.jpg

Reggie and Swordie join in on the action. Shoulda seen Stuey give them hairtail a bit of stick! (p.s. I didn't know one was required to set the hook about 10 times on one fish haha)

post-25384-0-76735100-1374910966_thumb.jpg

To all the new people I met, it was a pleasure and I hope you all get a couple more good ones tonight!

Edited by nbdshroom

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to say it was nice meeting you today on the mother ship and a i really appreciated the warm hospitality. As discussed today I have not been fishing that long and find the forum has been a big help in picking up hints, techniques and locations to fish. Thanks for the chat and the bacon and egg roll this morning, I look forward to seeing you guys out on the water.

Thanks to Scratchie who was great to talk to and gave us some good advise (and some Hairtail) this morning. The result was 8 flathead. 4 tailor a nice Bream that was tasty on the plate.

Cheers,

Dean

post-18003-0-43208600-1374928110_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to say it was nice meeting you today on the mother ship and a i really appreciated the warm hospitality. As discussed today I have not been fishing that long and find the forum has been a big help in picking up hints, techniques and locations to fish. Thanks for the chat and the bacon and egg roll this morning, I look forward to seeing you guys out on the water.

Thanks to Scratchie who was great to talk to and gave us some good advise (and some Hairtail) this morning. The result was 8 flathead. 4 tailor a nice Bream that was tasty on the plate.

Cheers,

Dean

Nice to meet you fellas too! No need for thanks, that's what raiders about. If we can all share our experiences, we all learn a little more and enjoy a little more! Congrats on your catch and that meal looks good! Tight lines!

Cheers scratchie!!!

A great big THANK YOU to Donna and Stewy for putting on such an awesome event. Diesel and I had an absolutely amazing night on the water even though the hairtail were being very slow. A huge apology to all of you good folk who were exposed to our drunken shenanigans and general sloshed demeanour. It was great to meet you fellow raiders and share some fun times with you all. I can't wait to do it again.

Thank you all for being so awesome and tolerating Diesel and myself hehehe.

Luc.

Another top night with heaps of sledging and I have apologised to all residents of Cowan whom I kept up all night yelling out to the losers in the other two boats ....namely Dhype,Pete, Diesel and Trout Stalker . :secret: LOSERS :drunk::074::074:

Another top night with heaps of sledging and I have apologised to all residents of Cowan whom I kept up all night yelling out to the losers in the other two boats ....namely Dhype,Pete, Diesel and Trout Stalker . :secret: LOSERS :drunk::074:

That was seriously classic Stewy. I have never had so much fun on the water. Hats off to you bud. Who do I owe the $5 scratchie to? You or Reggie? I can remember making the bet but I cant remember which one of you caught the first one after your return from dinner. Send me a PM stating where I need to send it. I will get onto it as soon as I can.

Luc.

Edited by Trout Stalker

Twas a great weekend indeed! unfortunately I didnt make it to the mothership... my mate and I fished pittwater friday night not thinking to look at the raider site and hitting our usual haunts for some yakka and not much else! actually i think i hooked one shovelnose...anywho i was feeling sick from work friday arvo and sleeping out on the boat didnt help my cause one bit saturday morning came round and havnt been up cowan ever before so didnt know where to go then jeff called and saidhe was hitting some jew so we joined him and then didnt have enough in the bank account or the petrol tanks to come back for a hello either!! I will be posting a report of our trip either a little later tonight or in the morning... thanks to stewy for calling us and making contact but alas vodafail is not good for much on cowan!

reubs

Big thanks to all the organisers and fellow raiders for a great Saturday night

Plenty of laughs and fish for some.... Diesel and Trout Stalker = DONUT KINGS~ LOSERS! hahahah

Well done Reggy and Stew on your 1/2 decent catches...

Pete and I chose to practice long-distance catch and release all night on the hairies.... CHAMPIONS!

Djapana!!!

Cheers

dhype

It wasn't a complete donut... Diesel and I ended up having a bit of a flick with some plastics for a few flatty's this morning and managed about 4 or 5 decent sized flatties around 45cm. We kept 3 and sent the others back to grow a little bigger. ;)

Whooooah Djapanee. :biggrinthumb:

Luc.