Bass lure suggestions

PRED-ATOR

G'day Raiders,

Just after some more bass lure suggestions, going to pick some up over the weekend.

Spinnerbait, hard bodies, Soft plastics - whatever.

Also just want to confirm, we are still allowed to fish for and catch bass but must release?

Thanks guys,

This is always a hard one to narrow down for me cause each lure has a place that does become area specific.... But if I was to go one one of each I would go: bassman Carl compact spinnerbait

HB: mega bass siglett for top water, jackall tn50, mega bass griffon and similar fat bodies bream divers.

SP: sliders, zman grubz and gulp minnow grubs.

Sigletts and Tiemco Soft Shell Cicadas for topwater. If you looking for something new to try give blades a go. In the right areas they work wonders. Just don't fish them over dodgy bottom or you'll be likely to lose a few...

Cheers, Tom

I'm not too sure if you can target them over closed season, and from what I understand they must be released immediately if caught. But even if you're not allowed to specifically target them I guess it's a hard one to regulate, you'd just be super unlucky if a ranger or somebody came along while you're pulling one up and pinged you for it.

Thanks for the tips guys,

Also, I located Hodgeys post with the following:

After a total of 4 hours of discussions with DPI, I spoke with Mr Cameron Westaway, Senior Fisheries Manager - Inland waters. The key point regarding the season closure is:

1. The purpose of the closed season in rivers and estuaries was to prohibit people keeping EPs or Bass during this period.

It is perfectly legal to target these species during the closure,but they must be released

Thank you to the many Raiders who contacted me regarding this subject. Best of luck on the water

Thanks for putting this up,

Cheers guys.

it's better to just leave them do their thing for 3 months anyway. they aren't as easy to catch in winter either, unless you're fishing the salt and find a school.

as for lures

atomic crank 38's (all colours work)

Taylor made baby nugget (green & gold or purple)

as previously mentioned sigletts etc, but I've caught just as many fish on a Kokoda bat with upgraded hooks and rings.

Sammy 65

taylormade basscada/surface breaker

rapala ulc-3

any small diving hardbody will work really, it's up to personal preference and getting the lure in the right spot