Who's fishing wide tommorow

Nick1987k

Hey raiders been in brisbane working all week an seeing all these reports an talking to mates that are catching tuna . So I'm hoping to my Barcrusher onto its first tuna ! Anyone else heading out I'll be heading out of botany . How's the forecast lookin

Boys was out there Thursday and to ensure you get em you will have to go wide of Heatons, I didn't and went nude. The temp break is now way east of Heatons (just checked). There was the odd fish east of Browns but there were not many caught in closer.

See what is reported tonight...

Johno

Fished wide today for zeros temp was 19.6 out near heatons last i heard at 4pm still no blue fin caught and it was a carpark out there current raging north 3knt would suggest going north and be prepared to go realy wide

We went wide today for a donut. The furthest point was about 7nm north east of Heatons and covered 210klms for the day. Saw a leaping mako, massive dolphins and some whales. No sbt though. Had a great time anyway. Get out there mate. If you choose your day right and are well prepared, there are quite a few boats your size out there doing it safely. Mine is 6.8m.

post-7148-0-26041800-1373709409_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Just got home. Went as far as Heatons today, turned north then north west and back past Browns on dark. Zeros for us - and everyone else.

On 21 no SBT reported, only 1 20kg YFT and 1 boat got some Albacore amongst ALL of the boats that fished today. Bloody tough.

Going again to stock up on Gemmies tomorrow.

Hey mate, we caught the yft today, trolled to heatons and on the way back about 2-3nm NE of browns we got just the one. Didn't turn a reel before or after

Good luck, very quiet out there today, I think we just got lucky!

Boys 4 bluefin were caught well wide of heatons . The fish are in the current that's why they are so far NE. Fished over 300 km. the whales where pilot whales heaps of them. Large dolphins we jumping . The bluefin were all over 60

We went Browns last weekend from Roseville in a Surtees 6.1 Gamefisher. Trolled around brown cubed, caught a 150 mako. Then trolled south east for about 12 miles then back home, a few mac tuna on the way home. The boat was great no problems, felt really safe used 73 litres for the whole day. So you should be ok.

I have a question maybe someone in this chat can answer.We headed out to heaton's for the first time on my mate's boat which has an airmar 1kw transom mounted transducer on a HDS7 and it seems to lose the depth reading around 1500mtrs down. Is that normal?? Whats the capability of these transducer??

TIA :)

Edited by Little Hooker

I have a question maybe someone in this chat can answer.We headed out to heaton's for the first time on my mate's boat which has an airmar 1kw transom mounted transducer on a HDS7 and it seems to lose the depth reading around 1500mtrs down. Is that normal?? Whats the capability of these transducer??

TIA :)

I would like to know this also, i have the airmar p66 and it doesnt even read the depth at 50fathoms... This cant be normal?

Very dissapointing day, launched from port hacking, pinned it to browns then trolled from browns to ne of heatons and back in a 5.5m boat. Thats fishing though. Used 140 litres. If your heading out, make sure you have enough fuel.

We left Pt Hacking at 1130, headed to browns, did a troll over the shelf, then trolled from browns towards Heatons for about 9nm, turned back towards Browns, and had a double hookup on 2 small stripeys about 6Nm from Browns.

Continued to Browns, shut down the engines, fired up the genny and cooked dinner whilst we cubed. Gave it away at 7.30, and did just on a 1 hour run back into Port Hacking.

Bugger all on the fishing scene, but saw 2 whales, 1 seal and bunch of albatross, good company and enjoyable day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We went Browns last weekend from Roseville in a Surtees 6.1 Gamefisher. Trolled around brown cubed, caught a 150 mako. Then trolled south east for about 12 miles then back home, a few mac tuna on the way home. The boat was great no problems, felt really safe used 73 litres for the whole day. So you should be ok.

Thats awesome economy, what size and type of engine.

We went wide today for a donut. The furthest point was about 7nm north east of Heatons and covered 210klms for the day. Saw a leaping mako, massive dolphins and some whales. No sbt though. Had a great time anyway. Get out there mate. If you choose your day right and are well prepared, there are quite a few boats your size out there doing it safely. Mine is 6.8m.

Pardon my ignorance erroll, but on that map are the units in feet or metres.

Noel.

The boat is a 6.1 Hard top, with a 200 litre tank with a 150 Mercury 4 stroke on the back. I am very pleased with it. There were two of us on board. We started at 6 am got back at 4:30, motor was only off while cubing say and half the time fighting the mako say 1 1/2 h. We travel to the shelf at 25 knots and on the return trip. We trolled the rest of the time.

Thats awesome economy, what size and type of engine.

Pardon my ignorance erroll, but on that map are the units in feet or metres.

Noel.

That's feet deep on the map. I fished with erroll and we covered 210km over the water. We were at browns by 8am counted 30 boats, aimed for heatons and trolled from half way to it most off the day. Saw little bait, just no luck. Could see boats around is all day even out at heatons. Most were doing the same thing, we were waiting to hear a call out over the radio but it didn't happen.