Who's fishing wide tommorow

Nick1987k

We went wide today for a donut. The furthest point was about 7nm north east of Heatons and covered 210klms for the day. Saw a leaping mako, massive dolphins and some whales. No sbt though. Had a great time anyway. Get out there mate. If you choose your day right and are well prepared, there are quite a few boats your size out there doing it safely. Mine is 6.8m.

Erroll, my mark for heatons hill is 34.02.725 152.00.228. Which is roughly 10klms north of where you drove over where you have marked heatons hill ( the little round circle on your map ). I noticed that rise on my map and thought that it must be heatons and my marks are off??? Whos mark is right mate?

Erroll, my mark for heatons hill is 34.02.725 152.00.228. Which is roughly 10klms north of where you drove over where you have marked heatons hill ( the little round circle on your map ). I noticed that rise on my map and thought that it must be heatons and my marks are off??? Whos mark is right mate?

dont go by the drop pins or errolls track map. They were just points where we started trolling or marked bait for our reference while we were out there on the day. The contour circle on the map at the widest is Heatons hill. Around 34. 7. 654s, 151.59.738e. You are correct that your marks are off the hill directly to the north.

I have 300 of Suzuki's finest on the back of my boat. We filled it up upon our return and it consumed 165ltrs for the 210klms covered. I think the average speed for the day was 18-19klm/hr with a max speed on the day of 51klm/hr. Like Chewie said, we blasted out to Browns, saw the congestion and blasted half way out to Heatons before dropping the lures in the water. We trolled all the way back to Browns, cubed for a bit then cranked it up to return home at about 23-25kts. A top day.

Hey guys went out today left botany bout 6 am at browns in no time , put a spread an headed to 500 fathom line north east brown s . Trolled for a good 2 hours best water was 19.3 . Trolled back to browns which was a car park . Wishing I took bait to bottom bash as lots of gems been caught ! Trolled back to 12 mile in afternoon for nothing ! All in all great day on the water an expiereneced travelling the widest I've been in my boat . From 140 liter tank still had about 30 liters left !

Hey guys went out today left botany bout 6 am at browns in no time , put a spread an headed to 500 fathom line north east brown s . Trolled for a good 2 hours best water was 19.3 . Trolled back to browns which was a car park . Wishing I took bait to bottom bash as lots of gems been caught ! Trolled back to 12 mile in afternoon for nothing ! All in all great day on the water an expiereneced travelling the widest I've been in my boat . From 140 liter tank still had about 30 liters left !

Well done, sound like it was nice out there.

We went out sat also along with every boat in sydney. We punched past browns doing 20knts and didnt put the spread in till heatons as friday they were just out the back. Didnt turn a reel but as we hit our fuel limit and were already on way in to a temp break to cube my mate called fish on. Only couple boats could get him as they were very wide of heatons and in water i flogged earlier. They got one cracker after 5odd hrs and second busted after 6 odd hrs. That was the only school i heard of. Waters pushing out of range for most unless more perfect weather.

The water the fish have been liking this year is 19.5 or close to it.

Im over doing the 100 - 153nm trips chasing them but rewards are worth it. Just need to crack that tripple digit instead of all those schoolies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good work rooster man. We launched at bellambi and were up the most if the day. Left just before they hooked up, always the way but yeah waiting for those mega jumbos to pop up, I heard 1 fish pushed 100kg did you hear that. I heard 4 fish got caught??was your mate the guy on 24?? Super effort

Edited by mr.e.d

Good work rooster man. We launched at bellambi and were up the most if the day. Left just before they hooked up, always the way but yeah waiting for those mega jumbos to pop up, I heard 1 fish pushed 100kg did you hear that. I heard 4 fish got caught??was your mate the guy on 24?? Super effort

84.3kg weighed at sgfc, also fish died right near end of fight.

The other one a much bigger one faught on sunset tagged teamed between anglers nearly spooled more than once before it won its freedom.

Wasnt there a nice eddie down your way ? Did anyone get any sth ?

Belambi long way from heatons and i thought i was keen ;)

Top effort guys. I'm hearing you Roosterman on the long voyages. Lucky it is only a small window each year. If they stick around a little more and the weather is kind, I would go again....... It's a had habit to break.

Its only hard if ya wanna break it errol . Lol.

If i had time and weather yep id be out there in a heartbeat .

I started down bermi couple weeks ago and have chased them up the coast.

Mad,dedicated or just plain crazy ...

Prob all the above. Lol.

When i get time i will put up a report of our trips .

I went to Heatons in my 18ft Crestrida on Saturday, Motor is new 115 4stroke Yammy. Travelled 92 Nautical miles & used 82 Litres of fuel. To say Im happy with those figures is an understatement ! Shame about the lack of tuna though !