Where are the Yakkas?

dwan8337

Hi Raiders,

Normally I wouldn't do this but i've been really baffled as of late. I can't seem to find any Yakkas around any of the usual haunts; Clifton gardens, balmoral wharf, manly wharf. Never spent so much effort trying to gather livies haha. Does anyone know which wharves they're at these days? it's really strange. Manly wharf I can understand as there was construction happening not long before. Much appreciated if you guys can share any pointers. I hate asking for spots but this is really bugging me as my boat is due for a service so don't want to really take it out and have it not be reliable, so i'm left with landbased livebaiting but can't find the livies =( shoot me a PM if you want to keep it private. Again, much appreciated!

Cheers

David

They are still at all the usual spots, they just wont bite. I was out there a week ago and as usual the sounder was showing a swarm of them under the boat after I burleyed. They would just not take any bait. I managed only 2 in about 45 mins of trying various "tricks". They havent been so difficult to catch for as long as I can remember.

gday mate

i was at clifton gardens the other day and i caught plenty of yakka

just need to berley up and use small long shanks

but when i was at balmoral i didnt catch any

hope that helps

Thanks mate!! it sure does =] I don't remember it being this hard before in previous years

true, took me a couple of tries at clifton gardens usually just kept catching small bream

they seem to have come back now

might of been the cold weather

Thanks mate!! it sure does =] I don't remember it being this hard before in previous years