Tulz

Hill 60

Fished Hill 60 this morning for a couple of hours. Got up late so I wasn't on the rocks until around 10, was such a good morning. Shame the fishing wasn't the same. Flicked a heap of different metal lures for zip. The were some other fishos on the rocks but I didn't see them land anything either, not that I paid much attention though. In hindsight I should have taken some bait as where I was there was a good wash zone that would of been worth soaking some bait for some drummer. Heading home I saw a heap of bait schools with a few fishos in boats ripping in between south beach and the break walls. Would have been nice to have been out there.

Edited by Tulz

Thanks for the report. Good on you for getting out there, it's a nice and sunny day even though its August. Better luck next time, hope you nail a few.

Wait till December!

It will really fire up then!

You would have had better luck in the wash as i have heard of some good pigs being taken from there

thanks for the report mate...been waiting for a while for a report on hill60...suppose to go this morning but had a bit too much corona last night...it is always pretty quiet this time of the year...hopefully it will warm up soon so we can get stuck to the bonito again...

Can't wait for the bonitos to return, what fish can you catch now around hill60?

This time the year you can expect to catch tailor and salmon. Around the washes in close you will find bream, drummer, trevally and the odd groper and snapper.

New from this Forum - we are planning to hit Hill 60 sometime in the fortnight

hopefully we land some - will be using both baits and plastics

thanks!

Keep an eye out for whales haha

My mate is fishing as I type down at Bass Point and just messaged me a photo of this curious whale that came right up to the rocks to check him out

Do you know if there'll be bonito at Hill 60 around this time of the year?

I've been hearing that there's bonito in Sydney Harbour.

Do you know if there'll be bonito at Hill 60 around this time of the year?

I've been hearing that there's bonito in Sydney Harbour.

Hill 60 is one of the most dangerous rock ledges in NSW. Stay safe.

Over the last week there's been 3-5mm baitfish being hit up around bass point and hill 60. Most people fishing these bait balls haven't been having much luck because they haven't been matching the hatch. The fish hitting the bait balls have been bonito, salmon and stripies.

Hill 60 is one of the most dangerous rock ledges in NSW. Stay safe.

Yep takes a couple of people every year. Never ceases to amaze me how naïve some people are fishing there, backs turned to water etc.