Not reading bottom on sounder !

Hey raiders I've been having trouble getting a clear reading of the bottom at browns . I've got a hds 10 gen 2 with a airmar tm260 1kw transducer .

Does anyone else not read bottom at this depth .

Also even when fishing wide the bottom reading is very thin so I have to zoom in Bout x 4 .

Maybe it's not tuned right or the transducer is not as powerful as I though

Should do it easily. Can you turn the sensitivity up. See what percentage the sensitivity/Gain is at. Try turning it up. Also put your transducer on 50/200 Khz. you need the 50khz frequency to pick up the bottom in deeper water.

Dave

Yeg I've done all that an it doesn't read bottom ! Bloody pisses me off , even on deep water mode . Would be great if some one had same setup to help . Tried turning up ping speed aswell . Could it have to do with the location of tranducer maybe try lowering it or changing angle

Yeg I've done all that an it doesn't read bottom ! Bloody pisses me off , even on deep water mode . Would be great if some one had same setup to help . Tried turning up ping speed aswell . Could it have to do with the location of tranducer maybe try lowering it or changing angle

Yeh. The position and setup of transducer has heaps to do with getting a good reading. Another thing you could try is go into setup and select the restore factory defaults. I do this every so often after i have changed heaps of things and cant seem to get it back to a reading i want. They should be setup pretty good for settings straight out of the box. But yeh Could be transducer. Can you still select 500 watt power if so check that you are running at 1Kw.

Dave

• 4 months later...