Oyster shucking

zaki10

Hi guys,

My gf has finally decided to give fishing a go but she wants to go oyster shucking. Could someone tell me where I can go do this with her around sydney that is safe to eat from as well?

Thanks guys,

Regards,

Zac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know of any spots around Sydney. I have shucked oysters on the flats in Lake Burrell near Ulladulla. But you have to make sure that the lake has been open for some time as otherwise they may be off colour. The oyster there lay around in clumps, need gloves to break them off.

I have shucked/eaten some oysters found at the end of South West Arm in the Port Hacking. (Western side) They are a little small but very sweet. You will need a boat to get at the SWA oysters.

Good Luck

Cheers

Paikea

Don't know of any spots around Sydney. I have shucked oysters on the flats in Lake Burrell near Ulladulla. But you have to make sure that the lake has been open for some time as otherwise they may be off colour. The oyster there lay around in clumps, need gloves to break them off.

I have shucked/eaten some oysters found at the end of South West Arm in the Port Hacking. (Western side) They are a little small but very sweet. You will need a boat to get at the SWA oysters.

Good Luck

Cheers

Paikea

Thanks Paikea,

I am headed to Port Stephens in two weeks time. Do you think they would have any spots or tours around there?

Regards,

Zac

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2