Now with Video. Snapper season continues.. Cracked a PB snapper and a few.

Formosan

Hi Raiders.

Heard there are some incentive to post fishing reports "catch of the month thingo". There have been in between trips with a feed but not as memorable as this one. So I am going to report on my fishing trip today.

With the forecast predicted to be what looked like the calmest day of the year. I hatched a plan to go do some snapper fishing.

Rounded up my deckies and fellow boat captain to make the trip down. But it appears harder than it seemed because of midweek.

However I did hook up with a Snapper king , Pete (Dtrojan) he was going down as well. We met up after launching, had a chat and decided to fish the first mark together then split up to cover more grounds.

It was a gloriest day as per forecast, It seemed just great to be out there and getting a fish was a bonus.

Anyways, The tactic was to throw plastics around, Berkeley GULP jerk shads and Nemesis. We got nothing at the first mark, then on the 2nd I hooked up, hoping it be a snapper but it turned out to be a morwong. Then another hit, 10 seconds into the fight, pulled hook.

3 minutes pass as I was talking on the phone with Pete, my rod goes off again. This felt like a good fish, taking lots of drags and the tug of war lasted a while and then my PB snapper climbed on to the board. It is around 80cms. :).

Then my deckie got into the action and landed a few more decent fish. Here are the pics and I will post up a video to come in a few days.

Hope you enjoy and please vote. ( and I dont mean this Saturday 7th)

Now with Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQkNdDtj_fU&list=PLnBjz4oUl5qGq3o1Qei-uh6_7VKSU__YU

post-7044-0-25061000-1378209491_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-10356800-1378209529_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-91139400-1378209546_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-09994500-1378209564_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-74839100-1378209647_thumb.jpg

post-7044-0-77330200-1378209658_thumb.jpg

Edited by Formosan

What can I say? I called it right the night before that I was going to regret not going and I am still feeling the regret LOL.

Well done again buddy!! and thanks for the pannie, turning it into a nice steamed ginger and shallot snapper for dinner tonight, can't wait! hehe

Hey Tony,

Congrats buddy on one good looking red. The conditions look amazing.

Hard to beat those mid weekers.

Where's your partner in crime lol??

Cheers Daniel

usually fishing comes before work, but not in this instance DOH!

I really need to get my priorities back in order LOL

Tony. you killed me yesterday, How dare you send me pic after pic at work :chair: I was frothing at the mouth.

Im very enviose at that catch, congratulations, you work hard at fishing and that shows through with Great results. :28:

Tell ya what, we've been talking about targeting reds for a couple of years now, something different from the usual kings and hairies. And it is only this year that we've started with the reds, Tony led the way. He puts the time and effort to read up on how to best target reds. He watches ALLLLLL the youtube videos!! LOL, and look at what he produces. Totally deserved!!!

Oh, you got pics Basil? I got a freaken running commentary with pics! :D

Great catch, great Pics! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, you forgot to include the co-ordinates for that spot. :sun:

Cheers

Paikea

Sorry bud, for my eyes only :D

Hi Raiders.

Heard there are some incentive to post fishing reports "catch of the month thingo". There have been in between trips with a feed but not as memorable as this one. So I am going to report on my fishing trip today.

With the forecast predicted to be what looked like the calmest day of the year. I hatched a plan to go do some snapper fishing.

Rounded up my deckies and fellow boat captain to make the trip down. But it appears harder than it seemed because of midweek.

However I did hook up with a Snapper king , Pete (Dtrojan) he was going down as well. We met up after launching, had a chat and decided to fish the first mark together then split up to cover more grounds.

It was a gloriest day as per forecast, It seemed just great to be out there and getting a fish was a bonus.

Anyways, The tactic was to throw plastics around, Berkeley GULP jerk shads and Nemesis. We got nothing at the first mark, then on the 2nd I hooked up, hoping it be a snapper but it turned out to be a morwong. Then another hit, 10 seconds into the fight, pulled hook.

3 minutes pass as I was talking on the phone with Pete, my rod goes off again. This felt like a good fish, taking lots of drags and the tug of war lasted a while and then my PB snapper climbed on to the board. It is around 80cms. :).

Then my deckie got into the action and landed a few more decent fish. Here are the pics and I will post up a video to come in a few days.

Hope you enjoy and please vote. ( and I dont mean this Saturday 7th)

Tony

Awesome fish mate. Very impressed. I have been spending last 4 weeks making a cob oven, photos to follow. Now I need to get back in the game...once I fill up the beast!!! Pete you are a homo!

Johno

Great read, day and better fish. I got out the same day not to far from you and managed a few in the mid 60's. There's been some great fish of late down way and ive heard and seen even bigger fish caught abit wider around the coal ships. Fingers crossed the reddys hang around to play. Congrats again and great fish

post-30372-0-18040800-1378327992_thumb.jpg

Tony

Awesome fish mate. Very impressed. I have been spending last 4 weeks making a cob oven, photos to follow. Now I need to get back in the game...once I fill up the beast!!! Pete you are a homo!

Johno

Haha..... I'm not the one that couldn't get the day off work!! Edited by DTROJAN

Wow you guys got these big reds all sorted out. Yet to crack the 40cm. Good work :-) Just out of curiosity how deep had they been feeding? caught on bait or plastic? Keep up the good work.

Regards

Vo2c88

I think somebody just looked at the pics and did not read it all. :)

Beautiful fish!!

Well done on your P.B & also on a cracking session.

Congrats!

Cheers,

Grant.

Thanks Grant.. Appreciate the comments.

fantastic catch , its always great to get a PB ....nice work :)

Thanks mate... Hope to bump into you around the bay in summer. :)

Hey Tony,

Congrats buddy on one good looking red. The conditions look amazing.

Hard to beat those mid weekers.

Where's your partner in crime lol??

Cheers Daniel

Thanks Dan. Well all you could do is invite :). Like you got one a few weeks ago.

What a day to be snapper fishing,was working and only dreaming of being on the water.

Lovely fish tony.

Chris.

Thanks Chris ..Always the weekend..Sat looks decent

Awesome!!! Congrats on the PB and a decent bag of fish!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks champ!..