Now with Video. Snapper season continues.. Cracked a PB snapper and a few.

Formosan

Absolutely awesome fishing mate! Well done

Thanks. :)

Tony. you killed me yesterday, How dare you send me pic after pic at work :chair: I was frothing at the mouth.

Im very enviose at that catch, congratulations, you work hard at fishing and that shows through with Great results. :28:

Now.. I expect the same type of updates form you when I am stuck at work..LOL.

Nice fish boys.

Nice of you to say Nice :)..Thanks Luke.

Nice Snapper mate, Would of been a great fight!

Yeah..watch the video..it was a decent fight..was using 16lb leader so had to take my time.

Well done boys, thats a STONKER syd snapper!!

You have been putting the hours in, well deserved.

heard it was an absolutly perfect day, a little too perfect actually, so you did well.

You've got my vote!

Thanks Mike Appreciated..Yeh for half the day it was a lake then it got bad at midday.

Snapper king lol. Thanks for the compliment Tony but there are some gun snapper fishos out there that make me look more like the joker.

Great fish and definately well deserved as you have put in the time and effort.

Pete.

What can I say Pete, You if you keep averaging around 10 reds a trip, You are royalty. :)

You always do well .

Great catch, great Pics! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, you forgot to include the co-ordinates for that spot. :sun:

Cheers

Paikea

Thanks..I think GPS co -ords do help for a general location..but they could be anywhere at any given time as I am told and you have to find them. 17kms radius.

Great effort on the snapper there some great thumpers !!!

Thanks Nick..awsome effort on the fin yourself!

Great report Tony. Fantastic day to be out getting all those reds mate. Save some for the rest of us ;)

Thanks Buddy..There should be plenty left..you just need to get out there :).

What can I say? I called it right the night before that I was going to regret not going and I am still feeling the regret LOL.

Well done again buddy!! and thanks for the pannie, turning it into a nice steamed ginger and shallot snapper for dinner tonight, can't wait! hehe

Well... I remember asking you more than 10 times to go but there is still tomorrow and Saturday. :) Go smash them.

nice fish there. an thats an unreal pb.

Thanks Damian.

mate that is a superb fish, and one what was a absolutely magnificent day

congrats

Cheers..yes too good to not be fishing for snapper.

Now that's a sensational red, Well Done Guys. Hopefully someone cracks a red soon over a metre.

Cheers Mike

Thanks..I bet here are a few out there trying. You got a few stonkers yourself recently.

Tony

Awesome fish mate. Very impressed. I have been spending last 4 weeks making a cob oven, photos to follow. Now I need to get back in the game...once I fill up the beast!!! Pete you are a homo!

Johno

Thanks Johno.. is the new oven to cook big snappers? What boat do you have?

Great read, day and better fish. I got out the same day not to far from you and managed a few in the mid 60's. There's been some great fish of late down way and ive heard and seen even bigger fish caught abit wider around the coal ships. Fingers crossed the reddys hang around to play. Congrats again and great fish

Thanks marto, Cracker fish there on an Atomic Gugglerz..Do you rate them?

Tony,

Fingers crossed. Last couple of trips down south were patchy (pete keeps on jinxing me), so hopefully the fishing gods will smile on me.

With the oven must be patient as it is a traditional cob/clay oven so if i fire it up too early it might all go to custard and crack.

Boat wise - 24ft outrage. Would have gone out for YFT this week but have been too busy at work. Hopefully will get out the front of the Port for a plastic session early Sunday and road test some spots....fingers crossed. BTW bought one of those Shimano mexican fire rods with Stradic CI4 and 15lb braid and it is an awesome outfit.

Johno

Tony,

Fingers crossed. Last couple of trips down south were patchy (pete keeps on jinxing me), so hopefully the fishing gods will smile on me.

With the oven must be patient as it is a traditional cob/clay oven so if i fire it up too early it might all go to custard and crack.

Boat wise - 24ft outrage. Would have gone out for YFT this week but have been too busy at work. Hopefully will get out the front of the Port for a plastic session early Sunday and road test some spots....fingers crossed. BTW bought one of those Shimano mexican fire rods with Stradic CI4 and 15lb braid and it is an awesome outfit.

Johno

Hey Johno,

Time to get out and catch some fish......... Now that your knob oven is finished..... ;)

Edited by DTROJAN

Hi Raiders.

Heard there are some incentive to post fishing reports "catch of the month thingo". There have been in between trips with a feed but not as memorable as this one. So I am going to report on my fishing trip today.

With the forecast predicted to be what looked like the calmest day of the year. I hatched a plan to go do some snapper fishing.

Rounded up my deckies and fellow boat captain to make the trip down. But it appears harder than it seemed because of midweek.

However I did hook up with a Snapper king , Pete (Dtrojan) he was going down as well. We met up after launching, had a chat and decided to fish the first mark together then split up to cover more grounds.

It was a gloriest day as per forecast, It seemed just great to be out there and getting a fish was a bonus.

Anyways, The tactic was to throw plastics around, Berkeley GULP jerk shads and Nemesis. We got nothing at the first mark, then on the 2nd I hooked up, hoping it be a snapper but it turned out to be a morwong. Then another hit, 10 seconds into the fight, pulled hook.

3 minutes pass as I was talking on the phone with Pete, my rod goes off again. This felt like a good fish, taking lots of drags and the tug of war lasted a while and then my PB snapper climbed on to the board. It is around 80cms. :).

Then my deckie got into the action and landed a few more decent fish. Here are the pics and I will post up a video to come in a few days.

Hope you enjoy and please vote. ( and I dont mean this Saturday 7th)

Now with Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQkNdDtj_fU&list=PLnBjz4oUl5qGq3o1Qei-uh6_7VKSU__YU

Frigging awsome vid, loved it, so you dont work the jigs, you let the plastics drift and you get on the phone, now I get it. :bleh:

Hey Johno,

Time to get out and catch some fish......... Now that your knob oven is finished..... ;)

Very funny Pete. I take offence to you callin my baby a 'knob' oven. I do agree however talk is cheap and it is time to smash em yet.

Johno

Johno that's a Boston whaler right? Looks like it can fish heaps comfortably?

Yeah it is. Awesome fishing platform just miss a cabin in the middle of winter with an arctic wind blowing in your face. Might have to get the crew together for YFT sesh if you are keen. Pete?

Thanks Buddy..There should be plenty left..you just need to get out there :).

Well... I remember asking you more than 10 times to go but there is still tomorrow and Saturday. :) Go smash them.

Thanks Damian.

Cheers..yes too good to not be fishing for snapper.

Thanks..I bet here are a few out there trying. You got a few stonkers yourself recently.

Thanks Johno.. is the new oven to cook big snappers? What boat do you have?

Thanks marto, Cracker fish there on an Atomic Gugglerz..Do you rate them?

To be honest it was the first session I used the Atomics after being put onto them by a friend who has had good results. Cant complain as it done the damage on that day but we'll see if it continues. I cant go past the trusty Gulps they never seem to let me down.