Mulloway on Soft Plastic landbased

nbdshroom

What can I say? After hours and hours of trying (since the beginning of autumn) with other raiders (Kingfisher84, Matt17, SargeRX8) and also solo, at many spots all over the Parra river and Georges river systems, fishing countless tide changes in perfect weather all the way through to dreadful windy and rainy days, with and without jetski and boat traffic, and having lost about hundred jigs, I... (yes me!) -finally -lucked -out.

I've caught a few before but only on bait. To give a bit of background, flicking for jew has been a favourite (and frustrating) pastime for all of us. I can best describe it as a love-hate relationship. In this time, I've seen Ben, Matt and Johnny land/lose a jew each and a few days ago, it was my turn.

My most memorable and heart breaking moment occurred about a month ago. It began with the strike. I struck hard and came up tight to an immovable jew. It preceded to run. Heavy head shakes ensued followed by a second run and further headshakes which popped my leader. To say I was gutted was understatement. Johnny was at the scene this day. He grabbed me and shook me and said are you alright. Put his hand on my heart because he knew it was racing.

Few days back, managed this soapie. Took a snap and back she went. A consolidation prize but I feel the pressure has been lifted. All that breaming has paid off. As they say, if you keep working at it and keep placing your bait and lure in the water, just one day, a fish might take it.

Thanks to everyone mentioned in this thread and also to Scratchie. His jew on SP was enough to get me back out there after a break.

So there you have it. Jewfish on soft plastic landbased daytime. Nothing crazy but it's good enough for me :)

post-25384-0-39098900-1379982154_thumb.jpg

Edited by nbdshroom

Awesome Pete! The jewies mustn't like you much?? I got mine on a SP on my first attempt! Lol.

I know you are relieved to have that monkey off your back because you messaged me within seconds of landing it!!!

Well done champ! They can only get bigger from there!!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Pete i saw the white hairs growing after each sesh the disappointments the hart brakes the joy these are the days of our lives lol now you can take your to jumpers off and your multiple pairs of pants sit back and enjoy the jewie ride.

P.s can we get back to the stonkers they pull a bit better

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Cheers guys. Thanks for your comments, really appreciate it.

Jeff, I just had to tell ya when I got it, I was too excited! Definitely good to reach out behind me and rip that monkey off my back haha. :)

Haha Ben, my two pants versus your shorts. Never seen you wear anything but shorts, do you shower in them ;)

Edited by nbdshroom

Cheers guys. Thanks for your comments, really appreciate it.

Jeff, I just had to tell ya when I got it, I was too excited! Definitely good to reach out behind me and rip that monkey off my back haha. :)

Haha Ben, my two pants versus your shorts. Never seen you wear anything but shorts, do you shower in them ;)

Hahaha i wear long socks and when ever i have pants on they get wet. Your just a girl lol

That day you have to jump in to get that fish of a life time like johnny or save that lure like Matt you wish you had shorts on

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Tom, just glad I finally earned my stripe.

Cheers Nibbles, as you probably are well aware from your own experiences, still a long way to go but as they say, the first step is the hardest. I would be stoked if I could even replicate one of your catches one day.

Edited by nbdshroom

Cheers guys, thanks for the supporting comments!

Thanks Luc, fingers crossed more on the way sometime this year. Still stoked over it. Sounds like freshwater lure and fly is just as intense, will have to try it one day. Might have to show Jeff that freshwater fish do exist!

Cheers Pete, it was from the Harbour.

Thanks Poddy Trapper, just a lot of patience and persistence and that jew will come. Good luck.

Edited by nbdshroom