nargse1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been looking at them to there is a you tube clip from the trade show.from what i seen there shore jigging rods around 6ft they use micro jigs up to 100g they got fuji kguides .they catch every thing from bream to tuna I've sen jigs that are 1.5g

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

these rods are the best i have used for flicking sps. i picked up a red one a few weeks ago for my sedona 4000 and 20lb braid and ive hooked into nearly 10 species of fish in about 3 trips, inc kings, reds n dollies. although i got smoked on the king in 8m @ longy

been using micro jigs and sps

the parabolic action and the lightness of the rod is something to behold. the feel and control of the lure is incredible. its extreme fun

i love it soo much im picking up a blue one to pair with a stradic5000 + 30lb braid and taking it deep blue for kings and pelagics

these are rediculous

Edited by kulch

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw a mate of mine on his blue kaiten gomoku stick land a jigged 1.2m King I ordered one right away! Light but tough spinning reels 3000-5000 size, loaded with 20lb or 30lb braid you can jig all day with these outfits.

Sent from my RM-875_apac_australia_new_zealand_243 using Tapatalk

When I saw a mate of mine on his blue kaiten gomoku stick land a jigged 1.2m King I ordered one right away! Light but tough spinning reels 3000-5000 size, loaded with 20lb or 30lb braid you can jig all day with these outfits.

Sent from my RM-875_apac_australia_new_zealand_243 using Tapatalk

I with u

I love mine

There nice and light but can bring up some great fish and u can jig ALL DAY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I with u

I love mine

There nice and light but can bring up some great fish and u can jig ALL DAY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly right - What I notice is that the jigging action imparted by the angler doesn't deteriorate as the day wears on. Because the outfit is so light, its a pleasure to jig with, the rod surprisingly, looks like a kiddies rod but it's well up to the task of taking a brute as has been proven many times. Lets not forget that it isn't a huge investment either, only around $140 or so isn't a lot to ask for such a capable rod.

Edited by Billy2014

That's exactly right - What I notice is that the jigging action imparted by the angler doesn't deteriorate as the day wears on and the angler tires because the outfit is so light, the rod surprisingly, looks like a kiddies rod but it's well up to the task of taking a brute as has been proven many times. Lets not forget that it isn't a huge investment either, only around $140 or so isn't a lot to ask for such a capable rod.

Yeh when I was clinking through a fishing magazine, I came across a nice snapper caught on the gomoku rods

I though it was a kids rod because of the writing GOMOKU in all those colours and font and could believe a guy caught a snapper of that monster size on a kids rod.

Then I spot the long butt and the split grip on the rod and it was short so then I thought it was a jigging rod. I started getting in to them and before I new it I got one paired with a daiwa aird 2500 (comes with 3000 size spool so I use that with 20lb) and use it a lot.

It's a great rod and has a great action

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeh when I was clinking through a fishing magazine, I came across a nice snapper caught on the gomoku rods

I though it was a kids rod because of the writing GOMOKU in all those colours and font and could believe a guy caught a snapper of that monster size on a kids rod.

Then I spot the long butt and the split grip on the rod and it was short so then I thought it was a jigging rod. I started getting in to them and before I new it I got one paired with a daiwa aird 2500 (comes with 3000 size spool so I use that with 20lb) and use it a lot.

It's a great rod and has a great action

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think one of the secrets is in the guides, they are small and therefore the line sits close to the blank.

• 2 years later...

Ok i know this is digging up a old thread but.

I have some gift cards burning a hole in my pocket and want to buy myself a Gomoku spin rod, just unsure of size.

Was leaning towards the Red Handle PE 0.8 - 1.5 (8lb - 15lb)

Target Fish: Snapper, Jew, tailor, Salmon as well as Flathead and Bream when its to rough to go outside the heads.

I fish in and around Sydn Harbour / Hawkesbury and Jarvis Bay with now having a bigger boat i want to venture outside on a good day so would like the rod to be able to handle a decent snapper using a jig or bait.

Option in the Gomoku Rods

1. Green Hand PE 0.4 - 1 (4lb - 10lb) too light

2. Red Handle PE 0.8 - 1.5 (8lb - 15lb)

3. Blue Hand PE 1 - 3 (10lb - 30lb)

Ok i know this is digging up a old thread but.

I have some gift cards burning a hole in my pocket and want to buy myself a Gomoku spin rod, just unsure of size.

Was leaning towards the Red Handle PE 0.8 - 1.5 (8lb - 15lb)

Target Fish: Snapper, Jew, tailor, Salmon as well as Flathead and Bream when its to rough to go outside the heads.

I fish in and around Sydn Harbour / Hawkesbury and Jarvis Bay with now having a bigger boat i want to venture outside on a good day so would like the rod to be able to handle a decent snapper using a jig or bait.

Option in the Gomoku Rods

1. Green Hand PE 0.4 - 1 (4lb - 10lb) too light

2. Red Handle PE 0.8 - 1.5 (8lb - 15lb)

3. Blue Hand PE 1 - 3 (10lb - 30lb)

Go the red Jeff. Coupled with a decent reel you'll find it light enough for the smaller fish but also with some stopping power for the larger critters. The others are too light and too heavy. Cheers.

Think I will go with a Red one and pair it with a 2500 Daiwa reel or I also have a 4000 Shimano FE.

If I like the Rod I will then add the heavier Black as referenced by amkr to chase a bigger fish while jigging.

Edited by jeffb5.8

Went to The boat and camping store where my gift cards are from they had the Gomoku Erito Red for $159 and they price match a online store so I got it for $121.00

Good service in store so I spent $400 in gift cards.

• 2 weeks later...

Discovered just how easy these are to break on the weekend. Been using this rod for a while and it had put up with all the roughness I dish out to gear. Caught a Port Jackson Shark on Sunday. Got lazy and brought it aboard without releasing the bail arm.

In a flash. Ping. End of the rod snapped.

Will be replacing before the weekend but will have a new found respect for how I handle it.

Sad day.

5x worse than losing your favourite Squid Jig.

Bugger!

• 2 weeks later...

Could you use these rods for barra?

What reel would you go with. I have a baitcaster

but I'm not as good with it as I'd like to be so I figure that

a line in the water has a better chance of catching a fish

then me untangling a birds nest

They are not a rod that casts very far and not that accurate. (Have not tried the overhead version) These rods are best for slow jigs, flutter jigs or for pulsing plastics. Generally in water which is directly under the boat. If you can catch Barra like that then they may be an option.

I can say for sure that the Blue or Black models would handle any Barra. They are insane in regards to how much you can load them up. Watching someone fight a big fish on one looks crazy. They do the business.

• 1 month later...